Thread: How to do Verizon FIOS Internet/ TV setup by using Cisco Linksys WRT54G2 router?

How to do Verizon FIOS Internet/ TV setup by using Cisco Linksys WRT54G2 router?

Well I am looking to configure Linksys WRT54G2 router as a primary router. Also I am having Actiontec which is used for FIOS TV. I searched on the Google to set up the same but I was not able to get any proper solution. I wanted to set up in following manner.

Code:
    (DHCP Server)
                         (Wireless)        (Only TV)
    Internet >> WRT54G2 >>> Actiontec >>> PC/Laptops
    Can you tell me how can I acheiev e the same? I know that STB devices should be configured on Actiontec routers which is a TV receiver. Below mentioned is the IP address.

IP-STB1:
    Connection Type: Coax

IP-STB2:

IP-STB3:
    Another thing that you would like to know that COAX Ethernet setup is going via Ethernet connection.
    Code:
    Actiontec Firmware Version 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6
    Cisco-Linksys WRT54G2 - DDWRT firmware
    Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to do Verizon FIOS Internet/ TV setup by using Cisco Linksys WRT54G2 router?

If I am not wrong you are looking to use couple of routers together. If so then you should cascade both the routers of yours. first of all you should configure Linksys router as per your ISP settings. Once you have done the same successfully you should try to connect Actiontec router with your linksys router by making use of Ethernet cable.
    Also you should take care of the thing that Linksys router should be primary router. Simply use a straight a cable. After that switch on DHCP from Linksys router. You will be able to turn-off DHCP from the AT router itself.

Re: How to do Verizon FIOS Internet/ TV setup by using Cisco Linksys WRT54G2 router?

I think below mentioned thing can help you to meet your requirement.
    1. First of all disable wireless and DHCP on your AT router.
    2. Now you have to release IP address from WAN Interface of AT router and power off.
    3. After that connect Linksys router at the place of AT router.
    4. Once done you will need to renew IP on Linksys router and simply check the connectivity.
    5. Below mentioned are the most important steps to do.
    6. You should change the IP of Linksys to 192.168.1.2.
    7. After that connect cable from the LAN Port (1-4) available on Linksys router to the LAN Port (1-4) of AT router.

8. Now switch on AT router and make sure that you have to connect the same with 192.168.1.1. now you will be able to connect with the both the routers by entering the IP address in your browser.
    9. Finally you have to reboot TV receiver by disconnecting the device and see that Widgets/Guide/VOD works. Also you should check DHCP table on the Linksys router and you will be able to see that Linksys has been assigning the IP with the cable box of yours.

In this particular situation I wanted to discuss something, Linksys router should have Internet cable that is FIOS cable which would simply go towards WAN interface and another cable would simply go to AT router. AT router would have coax cable as well as Ethernet cable which are connecting with the Linksys router at (port 1-4).