Thread: "The site connection has timed out." error with Linksys WRT54GSV4

"The site connection has timed out." error with Linksys WRT54GSV4

I am facing problem with Linksys WRT54GSV4 router. When I try to enter Joomla site at that time it throws "The site connection has timed out." Error. I have tried to solve this problem by clearing browser cache and cookies but that does not help me to solve this problem. I have windows XP operating system. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: "The site connection has timed out." error with Linksys WRT54GSV4

In your router configuration you have to check DMZ is enabled or not? If DMZ is not enabled then first enable it and after enabling the DMZ you have to try to enter that website and see whether it makes any difference or not? Try this trick and let me know what the result is.

If you don’t know hot enable DMZ mode then I will help you with it. First you have to open web browser and then open Linksys WRT54GSV4 router configuration page. After opening router configuration page you have to click on "Applications & Gaming" tab. After clicking on the "Applications & Gaming" tab you have to select DMZ. Now click on the DMZ dropdown box and then select enable. In the DMZ Host IP Address box you have to enter the IP address of the computer or system you want exposed to the Internet. After doing that you have to click on apply button. After that you should restart the router and then check whether your problem gets solved or no? According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes enabling the DMZ can help you to solve this problem. Similar thing I was also experiencing and then I have enable DMZ from my router configuration page and after enabling router configuration page my problem get solved. you can also try this trick.

You should try these steps to fix this problem.

• Open start menu.
    • Click on run.
    • Type cmd and press and enter.
    • Now type ipconfig /release and hit enter key.
    • Once you see IP address successfully released message then you have to type ipconfig /renew and press enter key.
    • After that you have to type exit.

Check whether you are still facing same problem or not. Many times by releasing and renewing ipadress can fix this problem.

Hello guys I am also using Linksys WRT54GSV4 router and I am also getting same error while accessing some sites. I have tried all the possible things which I can do but still problem does not get solved. DMZ is also enabled in the settings. How can I solve this issue?

I am aware of this problem, all you need to do is just lower the value of MTU to 1400 and then apply that setting. After doing that you have to check whether you can access your required websites or not? If you still get same issue after trying this solution also then let me know.

I have enabled DMZ and also tried to solve this problem by releasing and renewing IP but problem does not get solved. I have lower the MTU value from the router configuration page an then I have save the setting but after that also problem does not get solved. I have also update the firmware of my Linksys WRT54GSV4 router but result was same. Please tell me how can get rid of this issue.

Thank you in advance.

To solve this issue you have to disable SPI Firewall Protection and after disabling the SPI Firewall Protection you have to deselect Filter Anonymous Internet Requests option and then apply the setting. This idea will solve your problem.

To disable SPI Firewall Protection and uncheck Anonymous Internet Requests option follow below this steps.

• Go to Linksys configuration page.
    • Select security tab.
    • Click on disable radio button for SPI Firewall Protection.
    • After that uncheck Anonymous Internet Requests
    • Click on save settings.

I have also fixed this problem by disabling SPI Firewall Protection. First I thought problem is with my router and I have reset the router but that does not help me and then I came to know that I have to change the setting. Now after that I have disabled SPI Firewall Protection and my problem get solved.