Thread: Linksys WRT120N keeps dropping connection randomly

Linksys WRT120N keeps dropping connection randomly

I have recently bought Linksys WRT120N and I am facing dropping connection randomly, the reason why I have bought the WRT120N was because I was facing the same issue with WRT54G router before and wanted to get rid of the same but then I am feeling unlucky as the same issue still persist with WRT120N router, I have tried resetting the router a no if times but then it is not making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out??

Re: Linksys WRT120N keeps dropping connection randomly

I have recently bought Linksys WRT120N and I am facing dropping connection randomly, the reason why I have bought the WRT120N was because I was facing the same issue with WRT54G router before and wanted to get rid of the same but then I am feeling unlucky as the same issue still persist with WRT120N router, I have tried resetting the router a no if times but then it is not making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out??
    I just wanted to know that have you tried updating the firmware and changing the MTU to different values to check out if it is making any difference, if not then try out the same and then post back the result that you get. Other than this let me know the solution that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same again as it will be waste of time.

I have tried upgrading the firmware and changing the MTU to 3 different values as well but then they are not making any difference, I have contacted the tech support of the 3 different values and even they were not able to help me out, I had contacted the isp in my case as well and they said that there is nothing wrong from their end, other than this I have tried disabling the SPI Firewall protection and Anonymous internet request as well but then they were not of any help, current firmware version is SPI Firewall protection and Anonymous internet request, is there any other workaround that I can try out to solve the issue?? I am just not able to track out the possible cause of the issue, is there anything else that I can check out???

I think that you should better try out Re-Flashing the Firmware on your Router and for that you will have to get the firmware from the official firmware from the and proceed with the reflashing process, when you will be done with the flashing process then you will have to reset your Router and Re-configure it so make sure that you are making a note of the current router setting that you are using. Just try it out and then post back the result that you get for this solution. Hope that helps.

I have tried out the reset your Router and Re-configure and reset your Router and Re-configure but then they does not seems to be making any difference, I am still facing the same issue and it is happening just like the way it used to, I mean that it used to drop the connection in 20-30 minutes, even after trying out all of the solution that has been mentioned above I have not found any difference in the frequency of drop down of the connection. I am really running out of ideas now. I had contacted the tech support again and as usual they were of not any help. I feel as if I have just wasted $70 as it is so new and I am not able to find out any solution for it.

I have been facing the same and I think that this issue is with a combination hardware/software, I mean that I am having a new WRT120N and it was working fine but then it suddenly started running in to the same issue. I don’t know why I am facing the this issue even after connecting it to a UPS and surge protector, I have tried performing the solution the solutions that has been mentioned here but then they are really not helping. It seems to be like a permanent issue, I will like to add that in the Event Viewer under System you can check out the information messages that might have arise when the network drops and recovers the connection.