Thread: DLNA Media server does not work with WD My Book Live Duo 4TB

DLNA Media server does not work with WD My Book Live Duo 4TB

Few days ago I have replaced my WD MY Book live (2TB) with My Book live duo (4TB) and simply copied all the data across. I split the My Book live duo into 4 public shares. The older one had 2 public shares. I think that I have done everything but could not able to get the new DLNA server working. It won’t complete the media scan and detect the network very slowly. When I was using the older MY Book live, it was detected by my TV, Andriod Tablet, and computer quickly. However the access speed is extremely slow. Don’t know what to do with this storage media?

Re: DLNA Media server does not work with WD My Book Live Duo 4TB

I had the problem with DLNA too. In my case both DENON AVR 1912 and Terratec Noxon 2 does not able to access the media. Both devices were capable to stream media from the Window computer. So there is no problem with either devices or the network. The problem is with My Book live duo. I assume that WD is trying to find a fix for this issue and solve the problem very soon.

The "My Book Live Duo" is powered by a chip running at 800 MHz (no details). We regret that against Western Digital does not provide guidance on the transfer rate that is achievable. The connector includes a USB 2.0 port and a gigabit network port. Otherwise, it is of course compatible with all common protocols (AFP, CIFS / SMB, NFS and FTP to name a few) and can also act as a DLNA server to share multimedia content with compatible devices.

I think that you need to bypass the router if you have connected the WD MY Book live to it and try to connect the WD MY Book live directly to the computer. However you can also try to access it from some other computer at the same time and see for the issue. I assume that it is the cause of the router and you might need to configure a manual IP for the MBLD. In my case it started bad because apparently was an error with the lack of certain basic software on the NAS where the installation wizard does not go well. After a false start with the configuration I am somewhat satisfied of this product.