Thread: Wireless speed is too slow in Cisco Linksys E1200

Wireless speed is too slow in Cisco Linksys E1200

Configured Cisco Linksys e1200 using a new comcast cable. The connection is now like this. A wires connection to the desktop and wireless connection to laptop and netbook. When check in the speed test, I got 25MB. But the next day, the laptop shows 25mb to 1mb and download speed is average 25kbs. But the netbook still shows 25MB. I once again installed the modem/router but this time I got 5MB speed for laptop.

Re: Wireless speed is too slow in Cisco Linksys E1200

Yes I understand that you're connected at 54Mbps, but what a matter is that you can configure your network router and at a certain speed. Instance, you can set the router to N only. Previously you had a wireless connection, I suppose, or that you have to switch from the higher velocity. Then there is the other point, the speed of the PC via cable to the modem communicates. It sounds like these are mutually agreed to 10Mbps to connect. So make sure your wired network from your PC or on 100Mbps turned on.

Your wifi connection is intermittent with the type of wireless setup you have. There are some items that you can read to resolve the intermittent connection in different situations. The location of your wireless device is a key to get a good wireless signal from your router. Make sure that the device which you are connecting is not to be too far from the router and avoid physical obstructions to get a good signal. Furthermore, it is not recommended to place your wifi device or computer right next to the router because the radius of 50cm around the router is a wireless dead zone. An intermittent connection may also be due to the Access Provider (ISP) to which you subscribe. To check if you are experiencing connectivity problems with your ISP, connect a computer directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable connection and watch for a few hours.

If you are getting problem like slow wifi connection, then you have to make sure that the wifi security mode is set to WPA2 Personal. WEP will slow way-G and set it as WPA2 otherwise Open will allow wireless-N speeds optimal. Use the Mac filter only when it is needed. In order to improve the security and compatibility with most wireless devices, you should not use the special characters in the WPA password. You can generate a password with numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters.

The windows firewall creates problems sometimes when it is not set up correctly. You have to disable it otherwise set well with the router. I don’t know whether you have disabled the firewall of the Linksys or not. Make sure that there is nothing like "Port forwarding" or "Port triggering"? I finally assume that, the problem is caused by poor wifi signal reception, but also connecting cable since the situation does not change much.

In my case cable to the router works fine.

As for the wireless, which always has a lower quality, it depends how far you are. If there are walls or metal objects between the computer and the router is normal that the speed is so low. Try connecting via Wi-Fi being close to the router if you have not already done so and see if the situation changes

Try the following things and reply me what you can get from these.
    • Configure the router (disabling the automatic DHCP) giving a static IP that has found itself immediately as it did for subnet mask and dns (which can be corrected with the ipconfig / all from dos)
    • Disable the DHCP server in the router and disable the automatic assignment of the wireless network and the IP of TCP / IP, putting one assigned to the PC as a gateway from the router and the router classic ip 192.168.1.1
    • Open the Door for eMule and Disable the firewalled things
    • Remove any kind of protection, firewall, monitoring, filtering routers, and use Sygate as a firewall in place.

I bought the same router and got the same problems. I solved the problem by changing the MTU. I put it in manual and I took 1416 as the value, and since all is well. It may be necessary to change the IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 and the modem often has the same IP address, which is not good. If you switch between the different wireless modes, you should see the difference.