Thread: Not able to install hamachi even after uninstalling previous version

Not able to install hamachi even after uninstalling previous version

I have been trying to install newest hamachi on Windows 7 x64 but then I am not able to do so as it say that it found a previous version but then I am sure that I had uninstalled the same, I am getting below error message:
    LogMeIn Hamachi previous version has been detected on your computer. Would you like to proceed with an update?
    When I am clicking on yes then I am getting another error whereas clicking on no is closing the installation process, is there anyone who can help me out with this??

Re: Not able to install hamachi even after uninstalling previous version

I am getting the same error when I am trying to install hamachi2 on Windows Vista 32bit, I was using hamachi 1 previously but then I had uninstalled the same as well but then I don’t know why I am getting the same error message again and again, I have tried deleting the registry entries and files on my computer that I suspected to be trace of hamachi but then it is not making difference and I am getting the same error message again and again when even I am trying to install hamachi2, is there anyone who is aware of this issue and can help me out as well?

I am not very sure but then just delete the below key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\2F1C8FD962ED3D9409B931C2C3A5EC6B\SourceList
    If you want then you can rename it with X as well, so it won’t get detected by the registry, just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

Just to help other in more details:
    • Go to start click on run and then type “cmd” and then when you get command prompt opened then just enter “regedit” without the quotes and then hit enter.
    • After that check out for
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\2F1C8FD962ED3D9409B931C2C3A5EC6B\SourceList
      And better rename the same rather than deleting the directory.
    • When you are done with the same then make a fresh installation of current version of hamachi

Just check out the same and the and post back the result that you get for this solution.

Thanks for the same, I have tried to follow your solution but the I am not able to find out HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\2F1C8FD962ED3D9409B931C2C3A5EC6B\SourceList in my case, I think that I have deleted it before, is there anything else that I can try out, I really want to get hamachi installed somehow??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.