Thread: Packet loss when using Netgear DGN1000 modem/router

Packet loss when using Netgear DGN1000 modem/router

I don’t know whether there is a fix for this issue or not but I am really helpless here. Currently I am using a Netgear DGN1000 moden/router. The problem is, it is suffering from packet loss. I can hardly see it between 4 and 11 byte. This is really causing slow down and lag during my multiplayer games. I have modified the MTU settings and used openDNS but no use.

Re: Packet loss when using Netgear DGN1000 modem/router

Currently I am also using the same modem/router and I am on the wired connection. The Netgear support team told me that this DGN1000 already had the issue with dropping packets between 4 and 11. For that they advised me to do a firmware upgrade. I didn’t but it didn’t help either. So I probably think that it is a problem with router itself. I am not aware of any solution yet for these.

I think I can confirm the ADSL line faults because from time to time says it is connected but no longer able to navigate: I solve only by resetting it and resumes after going very well (for a time from 5 - to 15 minutes maximum). Did you try replacing the 'Obtain DNS from ISP' setting in the router with fixed primary as well as secondary DNS IP addresses. As far as I know that these DNS IP addresses listed on Plusnet's website.

I changed channels and now it works perfectly, I did not update the firmware, so there was a router somewhere nearby that interfered with mine!

Netgear do not know specifically, but when you use an access point or wireless router as access point, you can configure an IP interface on the same LAN segment as the main router and PCs and Enable the DHCP. You can then put it on PCs and fixed IP as the gateway using the modem / router. If you want dynamic IPs, you need to use DHCP on the router, not the AP. The Netgear is a wireless switch. The wireless interface is associated with the LAN interface, so you can have a mix of network wired and wireless PCs even without an internet connection.