Thread: Grandstream HT486/7 VOIP ATA do not register with Latest Netgear Routers

Grandstream HT486/7 VOIP ATA do not register with Latest Netgear Routers

I am having this problem with my both Netgear DG834 and DGN2200. Both are latest routers and don’t know what Netgear doing?

There are 29 Static public IP addresses and I have configured the router to provide DHCP to the top 9 IP addresses. The problem is Grandstream HT486/7 VOIP ATAs do not register at all with the router. It is not possible to get the IP address when in dynamic mode. With the early DG834 V4, it worked fine. I don’t know what they have changed in this new router. Is it possible to work Grandstream HT486/7 devices work behind NAT or using static public IP addresses?

Re: Grandstream HT486/7 VOIP ATA do not register with Latest Netgear Routers

Did you try the latest firmware for the Grandstream HT486/7 VOIP ATA?

The latest firmware brings some notable improvements: routine echo suppression, among others, and old problems seem solved disconnections scouring. A parameter is added: SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time: (default: 20 sec). It can be downloaded directly by configuring the following menu "advanced settings":
    • Upgrade via TFTP
    • Firmware Server Path: 168.75.215.189
    • Always Check for New Firmware
    • Then do update + reboot. The new firmware is automatically loaded

After much of research and something I finally come to conclusion that the latest NetGear DGN2200 does not able to deal with the ATAs (analog telephone adapter). In my case I have bought the Linksys PAP2T-NA device. The device randomly appears on the router's administrative tool Devices list. So for that reason I have configured a static IP but still it didn’t work. So far I have tried the following things:
    • Have tried the manual configuration.
    • Tried disabling NAT.
    • Port forwarding

In my case the Siemens router to registered MAC address is that of the ATAs. Right now I have instructed the Siemens router to assign addresses from the 192.168.2.x range, of which the ATA would have to say on the WAN side get one. The LAN side of the ATA, I set that as the primary IP to use 192.168.1.1, so that nothing clashes. The ATA also works properly if I manually on the WAN side to him an address from the range 192.168.2.x assigns.

My Solution is to get an old BT Voyager (Dynalink) routers and upgrading to latest Dynalink firmware. Here the Port forwarding and QoS work 100%. I urge you to replace the existing early Netgear router installations with this one. You have to disable the Netgear router permanently while you configuring BT router. I think it is a 100% solution for me.

Take a one firmware reset the adapter the subject and then (before you connect it with the Siemens router) LAN Base IP to a different value and try the whole thing again with DHCP. Best before you enter any other configuration data.

I've just tried directly via a LAN cable and a wireless router, and this change nothing. As for DHCP, so is the fun that it definitely still going. Each PC on the network can get an IP at HT 486. I'm just no longer on the configuration, as would have seized up because certain settings. Pings on the router go too. I have a PC already run through dozens of times and let the router (the DSL modem, etc.) for security with the same, but the configuration remains inaccessible.

If the router is running smoothly or are already running smoothly, and now suddenly no longer surf the Internet using the connected PC or laptop to work, is one possible cause is that the transfer of the DNS server converts when the connection has failed with the provider. Since this can occur at Q-DSL in a few exceptional cases, a brief problem-solving is presented.

The problem is easily solved, in which it is in the "Basic Settings", a DNS server specified as a "Preferred DNS server". In a Q-DSL line can be placed there either 213.148.129.10 or 213.148.130.10. Pressing the button "Update" to save the settings. After the next reboot, the new settings enabled and connected to the PC or laptop sites should be restored.