Thread: after restarting windows xp, again have to reinstall linksys AE2500 driver

after restarting windows xp, again have to reinstall linksys AE2500 driver

I recently installed a clean istall of windows xp pro. I also installed a new AE2500 wireless adaptor. When I shut my computer off I have to reinstall the wireless adaptor again. Could anyone please explain to me why this is happening ? I tried the adaptor on my laptop and do not have this problem, so the adaptor is working. Seems there is a setting in windows that will not allow the adaptor to run at startup. Thanks

Re: after restarting windows xp, again have to reinstall linksys AE2500 driver

I Just wanted to know that had you restarted the machine after installing the driver for the first time??? i mean that it is required some times so that the machine recognizes the changes made, if you have not, then uninstall the driver again and then install it and restart the machine again see if things are working fine, if at all the issue still remains the same then you can reinstall the driver ad then reboot the system in the Safe Mode (Networking) and check out if the linksys AE2500 driver is getting recognized or not, of yes then just boot in normal mode and then things should work normally, just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Re: after restarting windows xp, again have to reinstall linksys AE2500 driver

it happens everytime i reboot the computer. For some reason windows is not keeping the drivers on the computer