Thread: Unable to access management console on Netgear WPN824EXT

Unable to access management console on Netgear WPN824EXT

I think you have got the idea about the query after looking on the title of thread. I am having Netgear WPN824EXT router. I found that I am not able to access the management console. well I Googled to get the solution but I was not able to get anything to resolve the issue. now I am asking to all the users to help me out from the above mentioned problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to access management console on Netgear WPN824EXT

Well I recommend that you should check that your computer is able to get IP from the router. In case you are not able to get the same then I am it could be the root cause of the problem. gateway IP of the router which you are having with you can launch interface of that particular device. you will need to run Ipconfig command.

I wanted to appreciate your response over here. the computer is working fine when it has been connected with router . the extender that is WPN824EXT is not able to receive an IP address. Hence I am wondering that I would need to use secondary computer and try to configure Ext. extender is not able to receive IP. If you are having any other solution the let me know about the same as early as possible.

After going through the problem of yours I am suggesting that you should set up Static IP and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. you should run ipconfig and you should use obtain automatically to get exact IP of the system. it should be into the same kind of LAN subnet than that of wpn824ext is using. Aslo you should see that you are not using same IP as a primary one. If one is making use of 192.168.1.1 then I am sure that it would definitely cause conflict.

According to me entire issue has been associated with third party firewall enabled on the computer and that is why you were no t able to access 192.168.1.x. so if you are having firewall installed on the computer then you should disable the same and see whether it is making any difference. If thing is started to work without any trouble than you will need to configure firewall.

I think you will need to flash the firmware of the router. You can get the latest version of the firmware from the official website.