Thread: Unable to access configuration page of Netgear WNR2000

Unable to access configuration page of Netgear WNR2000

I am using Dell laptop with windows 7 operating system. I have bought Netgear WNR2000 router so that I can use internet on my laptop though WIFI and also on my desktop. I have connected router with my modem and then connected desktop with LAN port of router. After doing that I am not able to access router configuration page. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to access configuration page of Netgear WNR2000

Which IP you are using to access configuration page of router? In my case I was trying to access configuration page with 192.168.1.1 IP address but it was giving me problem and after that I have tried to access configuration page with the help of 192.168.0.1 and then I was able to access router configuration page. You can also try this solution.

If you get same problem after trying above solution also then I would like to tell you that you should first open start menu and then you have to type CMD in search box. Now after that you have to type ipconfig /flushdns and then restart your router and after that try to access router configuration page. May be this solution will be helpful for you.

You should disable firewall in your computer and then you have to try to access configuration page of your Netgear WNR2000 router. I was also experiencing same problem in my system and then I have disabled Firewall and then my problem get solved.

if after trying this solution also if you are experiencing same problem then you have to connect your router with different computer and then see what the result is. If you don’t get same issue after that then there might be problem with your Netgear WNR2000. I hope this information will help you to get rid of this solution.

I have open command prompt and then enter ipconfig /flushdns and after that when I tried to access router configuration page at that time it didn’t helped me. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by disabling Firewall but result was same.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

You have to first unplug power cable of router and then you have to press and hold reset button for 20 to 25 seconds and then plug power cable without releasing reset button and then router will get restart. After that try to access configuration page again.