Thread: Netgear GS108Tv1 dies every couple of months

Netgear GS108Tv1 dies every couple of months

I have been using Netgear GS108Tv1 and the problem that I am facing is that it dies every couple of months and tat that time the Power light stays on but then the ports remain turn off and I am not able to connect to it at that time, I am having a ventilated cabinet for the Netgear GS108Tv1 and I don’t think that it might be dying because of heat and so, the only thing that works out for me was upgrading the firmware but then now it has happened again and this time when I am trying to log on then it is not appearing to be log anything and the log gets clear and I have to reboot the switch, I just wanted to what might be the possible cause of this issue??? And what can I do to get it working properly???

Re: Netgear GS108Tv1 dies every couple of months

I have been using Netgear GS108Tv1 and the problem that I am facing is that it dies every couple of months and tat that time the Power light stays on but then the ports remain turn off and I am not able to connect to it at that time, I am having a ventilated cabinet for the Netgear GS108Tv1 and I don’t think that it might be dying because of heat and so, the only thing that works out for me was upgrading the firmware but then now it has happened again and this time when I am trying to log on then it is not appearing to be log anything and the log gets clear and I have to reboot the switch, I just wanted to what might be the possible cause of this issue??? And what can I do to get it working properly???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you have tried out using a power supply??? If not then try out the same and the let me know if it is helping you out or not.

I wanted to add that I am having Netgear GS105 and I have never faced any such issues with the same and it is having same power supply, I have tried swapping its power supply with GS108Tv1 but then the issue had happened again, so I don’t think that it is due to the power supply.

I think that you should better contact the support and address them the issue and the solutions that you have tried so far and has not helped, just see what they have to say about the same?? I think that they will help you out with it but then there are possibilities that you will have to send the switch for replacement or repair.