Thread: Best antivirus for 2012 series

Best antivirus for 2012 series

Hey guys I am just starting this thread to know the Best and the top antivirus for 2012 series, I have checked about the same and I have found an no of them to be released this year, so I just wanted to know from you all that which one is the best antivirus for 2012 series according to you all, any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

re: Best antivirus for 2012 series

Hey guys I am just starting this thread to know the Best and the top antivirus for 2012 series, I have checked about the same and I have found an no of them to be released this year, so I just wanted to know from you all that which one is the best antivirus for 2012 series according to you all, any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.
    I don’t know whether other likes it or not but then I have been a fan of Avast, previously I was using AVG and that too the paid version but then I found that it was resource hogging, anyways I have switched to Avast and it has been working great in my case, I have not yet faced any issues because of the same as I have been updating the database timely, it appears to be quite light-weight, currently I am using the free version of it and looking forward to get the paid version, I think that the Avast antivirus is the best antivirus for 2012 series.

I am not that fond of a particular antivirus as I have been switching between them according to their views, anyways I think that the below 5 are the best ones that have been released for 2012 series:
    • BitDefender Antivirus 2012
    • Norton Antivirus 2012
    • Perfect Antivirus 2012
    • Vipre Antivirus 2012
    • ESET Antivirus 2012

If it is about the list then here is what I think about the top 5 :
    • Kaspersky Antivirus 2012
    • F-Secure Antivirus 2012
    • TrendMicro Antivirus 2012
    • ZoneAlarm Antivirus 2012
    • Panda Antivirus 2012

By now I have tried out the below ones so far:
    • Kaspersky
    • Spysweeper
    • Mcafee
    • Trend Micro
    • AVG
    • Security Essentials
    • Avast

Frankly speaking I was not satisfied with the above one and I have now switched back to my all time favorite Norton, I like the avg as well but then I think that the Norton is better than the same because Norton is the least resource hog, I am currently running Norton Antivirus 2012 and I think it is the best.

As far as a free version is concerned I think that the Microsoft Security essentials is the best, I have tried out the free version of avast but then I did not liked it. I think that the Security essential is just perfect for a trial or free version. The best one in my case is Kaspersky Antivirus 2012, I have switched to it recently and I have been using the same and I am quite happy with it, it just stays up to date in the background and I don’t have to worry about the same anytime. I don’t think that the Norton should be counted in the best as I have tried it out and trust me that my experience with the same was horrible I mean that even after having it, my system used to get infected by viruses so later I had uninstalled the same and switched to Microsoft Security essentials, since then I am following the series of Security essential.

This is what I have found to be voted as the top ten antiviruses of 2012:
    • Avast! Pro Antivirus 2012
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
    • BitDefender Antivirus Plus
    • Panda Antivirus Pro 2012
    • Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus
    • PC Antivirus Pro 2012
    • AVG Anti-Virus 2012
    • Norton Internet Security 2012
    • Avira AntiVir Premium 2012
    • ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2012