Thread: Getting poor wifi signals with Dlink DSL-2730U

Getting poor wifi signals with Dlink DSL-2730U

I am not able to get a good signal strength in any corner of my home. I got this modem some months ago. Whenever I connect my laptop or my phone to that router the signal strength I get is really poor. Now I have to sit close to the router so that it gets connected. How to get rid of this problem, that’s what I am wondering? Any ideas?

Re: Getting poor wifi signals with Dlink DSL-2730U

I would say try changing the wireless channel in the settings. Even you can try changing the mod mode. to GDMT. That’s what you can do. I hope you got my message.

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    I am not able to get a good signal strength in any corner of my home. I got this modem some months ago. Whenever I connect my laptop or my phone to that router the signal strength I get is really poor. Now I have to sit close to the router so that it gets connected. How to get rid of this problem, that’s what I am wondering? Any ideas?
    Hey can you give me a report of SNR Attn data? If you can give it to me then do forward it to me since it will be easy for me to have a look at that and analyze what’s the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjork View Post
    I would say try changing the wireless channel in the settings. Even you can try changing the mod mode. to GDMT. That’s what you can do. I hope you got my message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrinath View Post
    Hey can you give me a report of SNR Attn data? If you can give it to me then do forward it to me since it will be easy for me to have a look at that and analyze what’s the problem.
    I did try changing the channel but it did not gave me any changes In the signal strength, also I checked gdmt and I found out that GDMT is already enabled. I have given you the necessary snapshot of the SNR Attn data. I hope that would be useful for you.

Ok just trying disabling the ADSL 2+ option that would be better for you. Save the changes and then do a reboot. Also try and check if you can detach the antenna in the modem to get better signals. Many wireless routers have a detachable antenna. So do have a look for it.

I hope these necessary steps helps you to some extent.