Thread: Is it possible to connect 4 broadband connections to 1 PC?

Is it possible to connect 4 broadband connections to 1 PC?

Hello everyone I just want to know will it be possible for me to connect more than1 broadband connection in my PC? I am just thinking of adding 4 512 kbps line in my pc. So combining their bandwidth I would be getting around 2048 kbps. Me and one of my friend were thinking about this idea and were planning to set up the connection by adding 4 separate Ethernet cards and attach one separate broadband connection to each one of them. So just a idea that I want to ask with you all if I can do that or not. May be you all will have some ideas for it. do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Is it possible to connect 4 broadband connections to 1 PC?

I just don’t understand why you want to connect 4 512 kbps line in fact you can get the same bandwidth in a 2mbps line. So why go with your idea? Just for the sake of experimentation you may end up damaging your pc as well.

I absolutely agree with what the above user has said here in fact if you look at the total cost incurred then you will require Four ADSL Broadband/Phone connections, Four adsl modems, Four ethernet cards and the combined speed that you will be getting would be 2 mbps and the cost will go anywhere up to Rs.6K. well at the half price you can get a 2mbps connection from the BSNL. So better to go with that then to setup this complex connection, that’s what I am saying.

Dude I don’t think so it will work with any router, for that you will require a load balancing router. Yes the setup would be a costly affair for you. Also you would not be able to view all the sites especially the secured sites like banking portals and all.

idea Re: Is it possible to connect 4 broadband connections to 1 PC?

Well in the past many people had come to me talking about this setup but for me practically it is not possible at all, that’s what I think. Now why I am saying this is because you are planning to setup 4 independent connections which looks possible in books but not practically. 4 connections cannot be live at the same time. Only one connection would be active at a time and that’s it. so if you ask me then I would say no. you wont be able to use the bandwidth generated by combining all the connections at a time.

smile Re: Is it possible to connect 4 broadband connections to 1 PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
    Hello everyone I just want to know will it be possible for me to connect more than1 broadband connection in my PC? I am just thinking of adding 4 512 kbps line in my pc. So combining their bandwidth I would be getting around 2048 kbps. Me and one of my friend were thinking about this idea and were planning to set up the connection by adding 4 separate Ethernet cards and attach one separate broadband connection to each one of them. So just a idea that I want to ask with you all if I can do that or not. May be you all will have some ideas for it. do let me know as soon as possible.
    I have been hearing that MTNL has indeed said that it is going to start with a special service called as Line Bonding. Well the basic idea for me looks the same i.e. connection various connections to one PC. So I would say you better ask the mtnl support for the same and they will answer it out for you.

See we cannot say that it is completely impossible we would require some good routers such as Zyxel P-663H-51which provides ADSL2+ 4-port Bonding Gateway or ZyXEL P-663HN-51 wireless router. So that we can bond the ADSL connections.