Thread: Teracom router unable to port forward

Teracom router unable to port forward

Hello guys, I am able to see the Linux server apache page in the Lan but at the time of attempting to have an access to it from the internet by accessing the 59.x.x.x external ip of the router, I am able to see only the router config page but not the apache .I would also like to have a DMZ host with each and every ports forwarded and due o this, all the ports on my 192.168.1.2 Linux server will be able to have an access from the internet. I made some steps by the router manual for port forwarding along with created DMZ host.

Re: Teracom router unable to port forward

I will give you some description about this which will help you in your case. You need to disable the DMZ and try. It will work in your case. In my case , I would rather have DMZ host rather than only port 80 forwarded as I wish for forwarding each and every ports on my Linux server.
    2. if you are willing to wish for a totally separate port , 22 . you need to split TCP and UDP port forward entries for port 22, the ssh port.
    3.you also require to delete all ip filter rules.

I will give you some description about this which will help you in your case. You need to disable the DMZ and try. It will work in your case. In my case , I would rather have DMZ host rather than only port 80 forwarded as I wish for forwarding each and every ports on my Linux server.
    2. if you are willing to wish for a totally separate port , 22 . you need to split TCP and UDP port forward entries for port 22, the ssh port.
    3.you also require to delete all ip filter rules.
    I tried with your above solution but it did not work. I am having the same problem , I can ssh by making use of the port 22 from the LAN but could not do it through from internet. When I ssh from internet I acquire a error "connection refused". It is the same message as when I attempt to ssh to my router.

I need to tell you that you should be having some issues with your Modem with a port-forwarding problem. Don't suppose if you alter your modem to an extra one with similar Model and by doing this you will not be with any issues. moreover make use of PPPOE from desktop otherwise make use of a Modem which will be able to forward your port mentioning address.

Hello friends, I dint did any setup of a server before but what i recognize is that port forwarding for port 80 is necessary DMZ along with port forwarding should not be used at the same time. My recommendation is disable DMZ,and set port forwarding for port 80 to your server static internal ip(192.x.x.x). you also require to delete all ip filter rules along with test the case and see what all happens.

I have some suggestions in your case to sort out your issue.
    make use of the PPPOE from Desktop and not from the modem. Additionally if you make use of PPPOE from desktop you obtain the IP of 59 direct on your desktop. You also need to take a check of the IP you get and it can be PING from your associates house. Also you need to take care that you have to set the firewall open for your SERVER, If not PING. you have to confirm the ping from your associates residence. If you are able to PING your 59.95.X.X address from the outside then you are able to browse your SERVER Web address from the external. There is no requirement to modify your SERVER default port address 80 to an extra address.

According to me, I suppose that the issue is with the port as you have set the port-forwarding section to be 80, which may tend to be the default port of your router GUI page plus your SERVER page. As a result , You require to modify the default port 80 of your server or else your router GUI page. perhaps the port 80 of your router can be altered from the router configuration page. If you alter the server port number 80 to 8080 in that case put this 8080 port address to the port-forwarding segment. currently you will have to browse your server and it would definitely work with this port address 8080,

In order to solve your issue, you need to disable any tr-069 client/acs/snmp controls menu items. I wanted to inquire whether you are having the manual for your modem ? if you wish to forward all the ports, you need to make use of a Dialer so that you are able to connect to Internet. With present settings verify Firewall application as well. DMZ enabled is not suggested for Windows OS.

So guys, thanks for those replies, but I am not however able to get through it. I cannot access my web server over the internet once more.If I access I see the router page from intranet as well as don’t see any page from internet from ext ip.so I made some attempts for c> telnet 117.195.44.13 80 also but however , I am not able to connect.There are no modifications in router configuration, yet what was running is not operating at present. So can you guys provide some more clues in this case.

So guys, thanks for those replies, but I am not however able to get through it. I cannot access my web server over the internet once more.If I access I see the router page from intranet as well as don’t see any page from internet from ext ip.
    so I made some attempts for c> telnet 117.195.44.13 80 also but however , I am not able to connect.There are no modifications in router configuration, yet what was running is not operating at present. So can you guys provide some more clues in this case.
    I need to tell you the exact reason behind this. The ip address of the Linux server has altered from x.x.1.5 to x.x.1.8 . All these days the server address was for all time x.x.1.5 and at present it is receiving x.x.1.7.

Hey guys, I found some solution which will be useful in some cases. As you are concerned with this , the port forward rule does not relate to packets originating from within the local network.as a result when you enter your external ip in a browser on a system within lan , no port forward rule is functional to it and as usual opens the modem/router configuration page.