Thread: Host a game server at home using ZTE ZXV10 W300 wireless modem

Host a game server at home using ZTE ZXV10 W300 wireless modem

Right now I own a ZTE ZXV10 W300 wireless modem at home for my internet connection as well as for sharing. I am looking forward to host a game server at home so that I can play online or multiplayer games through it over internet or on Home network. Does anyone know how to configure it?

Re: Host a game server at home using ZTE ZXV10 W300 wireless modem

You have said that you want to host a game server. Everyone knows that what is game server and why it is used but I didn’t get it why you want to configure it at home. What type of game server you want to host at your home? It would have been better, if you explain it in more detail. This current information is little vague.
    On the other hand the ZTE ZXV10 W300 wifi modem which you are having is only meant for Home usage not meant for heavy bandwidth or data usage.

I don’t think that it is a better idea to host a game server at home. The problem is you will not get the same kind of same performance as someone hosting in a data center and I don’t think that your ISP allow you to do that. But you can host a small Counter-Strike or Call of Duty session from home. If you are looking forward to host a LAN based game server, then it would be quite helpful at your home environment or in your building.

Games are mainly ram poppers, and think you are going to spend lots of money for an expensive VPS account because the ram section in your account will fail. Would indeed continue to play at home, or possibly set up a deal with an ISP that supports game servers. Or you may create your own maps using your own scripts, etc. Think of it that way is to arrange something.

I read in many forums already requests from users who wanted to run a game server on their local hardware store. They thought that since they have DSL and that speed would be enough to host a server. Nope! Quickly realize that the players have to fight on your own "server" with large latencies and the connection is unstable

Note that professional hosting servers that are suitable for the server edition of commercial games. No single server has a (good) video card because a server does nothing to show. A game has high demands in terms of graphics and such. For those who are truly serious in making an online game server, check out the multiplayer capabilities of the different DLLs as GM GMC sock and write a server side application into a dedicated programming language. Moreover, a game server is running at home, even with a router. This does not have the speed or reliability of a commercial server, however.