Thread: Not able to save ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 10 program settings

Not able to save ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 10 program settings

I have recently installed ZA Free Firewall 10.1.065.000 installed on my machine which is running on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and the problem that I am facing here is that I am not able to save settings, this is what I mean.
    When I click on the ZA Icon>Show Monitor >COMPUTER tab> Basic Firewall and then after clicking on the Advanced Settings button when I click on the View Zones "horizontal tab" and proceed with Add> button> Subnet, then I get the below thing
    • Trusted
    • Home LAN
    Now when I click on the OK button then I able to see the settings in View Zones tab but then when I am Trying to save them then Nothing happens and the button turns blue and the setting does not gets saved as well and I am not able to navigate back to the COMPUTER tab of the main window. Hope the whole scenario is clear, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Not able to save ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 10 program settings

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the listed things that you are having in the ZA zones, other than this I also wanted to know that have you tried adding a network to the, I am asking you so because if don’t stay connected then it will not be visible, so just make sure that you are getting connected and after that see if you are able to save the settings without any issues.

It seems that you are having this issue because your ZA databases has got corrupted, in that case you should better try to reset the ZA databases and in order to do so just go in to tools and then in to preferences and after that just click on Reset to defaults and make sure that you are rebooting the machine after resetting the database so that the changes takes place, just try it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have now tried resetting the database in the way you have mentioned but then when I chose the reset to default option then I got an error message saying “There was an error saving your changes. Please try again.” I don’t know what’s wrong now, do you have an idea about this, is there any other solution that I can tryout to get rid of this issue??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

If resetting the database it not helping then the only solution that I can think of is reinstalling the ZoneAlarm, so if possible just try out the same and then post back the result that you get. Best of luck.