Thread: How to move clients from a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 domain to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 domain?

How to move clients from a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 domain to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 domain?

Hello friends, I wanted to know that it is there any method to move the clients from one domain to another, such that it is possible to move from the Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 domain to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 domain? I do not think that there is, well if it is there then please tell me also I will try out for me. Thank you.

Re: How to move clients from a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 domain to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 domain?

I do not think that it possible to do it and also there is no such method to move the clients. I believe that you need to some changes in the XML file of it then only it is possible to happen, no one has ever tried it, you can wait and checked it out someone has tried and worked for them.

Re: How to move clients from a Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 domain to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 domain?

Well my friend it is possible to move the clients from one domain to another, there is an article about it, which is having the steps to do it and also there is no need of changing the XML file also, just go to the below link and read the article for you. Well I do not know that how many have tried it or not, even wanted to see that anyone has tried and worked for them or not.

Moving clients from site to site without manually replacing the Sylink.xml

I have tried the above method and it has worked flawlessly for me, I do not think that it will be working for 11 to 12, where I believe that the location of Sylink path in 11 is different and the Sylink paths in 12 is different. If you read it properly then the article has mentioned about not replacing the sylink manually where the Symantec Endpoint Protection client will be looking for the certificates to talk to SEPM, when it is been moved from 11 client to 12 client and the Symantec Endpoint Protection client need to have the authentication or certificate exchange which I believe that it will fail with no good results and it is the same problem with the platform 11.0 to 11.0.

If you are trying to do it then I would suggest that you better have a look on the below links, one link is the System Requirements of the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 and the other one is points related to Upgrading or migrating to 12.1.

System Requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection, Enterprise and Small Business Editions, and Network Access Control 12.1
    Upgrading or migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1