Thread: ESET NOD32 Antivirus showing False Positive while downloading Auslogics Disk Defrag

ESET NOD32 Antivirus showing False Positive while downloading Auslogics Disk Defrag

Hello friends, I am using Windows Xp with NOD32 v4.2.64.12 installed on it, I am getting a threat from the antivirus when I am trying to download latest version (v3.3.0) of Auslogics Disk Defrag, and so it is False Positive? Anyone has any idea about it, and then please tell me, wanted to download the latest version on to the system. Thank you.

Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus showing False Positive while downloading Auslogics Disk Defrag

Well my friend someone has told that the disk-defrag-setup_exe.exe is having the advertising software Adware.InstallCore.8 in it, you will be getting it, if you are trying to download it from the c-net. So it is been founded in that. I would suggest you that you better try to download the file from some other source if you are trying from c-net. I personally do not like to download anything from c-net. If you search then you might be able to get plenty of links which is having the download option, even it is there in Majorgeeks so you better try there.

Re: ESET NOD32 Antivirus showing False Positive while downloading Auslogics Disk Defrag

It is been confirmed that it is not FP rather than it is a download wrapper, there is blog which have discussed about it, it has been detected as the potentially unwanted application (PUA). Let me tell you that it is not a malware and also the detection of the PUA is optional. Where the options for detection are been set during the time installation or it can be disable/enable later in the program setup. If someone wanted to have the PUA installed then they can exclude it from scanning.

Well to have the potentially unwanted application (PUA) or not to have is the decision should be taken by you. If I have to do it then I would not download any software that website which is been giving the bloated software for advertising. Whether it is from the First party or any other party, so you better take proper decision. If you wanted to know that how to do it then you can go over here and get it for you.

The above user have told you perfect thing and I would suggest that you do not allow the PUA on your system, if you allowing it then you will be keep on getting popup alert from antivirus.