Thread: Which antivirus do you currently use

Which antivirus do you currently use

Hello friends can you’ll let me know which antivirus do you’ll use. As I am planning to buy one for my computer as till date I was not using but now as I have taken a new computer I would like to add antivirus to my computer.

Re: Which antivirus do you currently use

I was using Norton for a long time, but I came to know that it slowdowns the PC. So from that time I started using Panda Antivirus platinum and I think this antivirus is much lighter than that of Norton. In addition the interface is nice, pretty colors and is very effective. I feel it removes many viruses that Norton was not able to remove from my computer.

I use Avast, and I do renew it through mobile phone. It is very cheap antivirus, actually I don’t know the perfect price of this antivirus as my dad handles all money thing as I am just 16. But I am sure it is very cheap. And it is a very good antivirus as it can remove all the virus in your computer if any found. But yes it decreases your computer speed a bit.

I never used antivirus on my machine. I have also never had any problems of virus and I use Linux. Because it is more stable and efficient also, but in addition, 99% of viruses are made for windows. So if you are using Linux you won’t have any problem about Virus so there is no need to use Antivirus.

To me, it's no use having a virus because they are not as reliable as that. In view of the different tests that can be seen, even the most effective can be done with special techniques and their programs that are unknown. This is why I use Dr.Web as it is one of the most effective antiviruses in what I'm looking for CRDF machines but also for our customers who often ask a reliable and powerful antivirus. Experts may dangerous viruses but quickly get rid of it. I personally use Dr.Web.

I do use Avast antivirus, I use it for all my computers and I also suggest this antivirus to my friends and family members. As I never had any kind of problem with this antivirus. I was using Norton in beginning when I took new computer and I was not having any knowledge about antivirus but as I came to know that Norton is a very heavy antivirus and it also slowdowns your computer so I switched to Avast.

In start I was not using any antivirus but once I got virus and because of which I had to format my computer and after that I started using AVG which was free but that to dint helped me so I switched to net protector and now I am not afraid about the virus as I have not got a single virus from past 2 years and Net Protector does not slow downs your computer also. And it is also cheap.

Microsoft Security Essentials on all my computers, professional and family, so total number of six computers. No problem since the first day as Microsoft has made it Lightweight and fast, it even does not slowdowns your computers, not even a netbook. Really no reason to pay for antivirus software these days.

As one user have mentioned I also don’t use any antivirus as I use uBuntu in my computer as I love to use Linux operating system. But there are many of my friends who does use Avast antivirus and I have used their computer and they work well. And one of my friend how is being using Norton I used his computer also I found it a bit slow than other computers.