Thread: Why is eset not supporting Mozilla Thunderbird email client

Why is eset not supporting Mozilla Thunderbird email client

I have just checked out the chart on the eset website where it is mentioned that Thunderbird from version 6.x on is not supported and so and by now Thunderbird version 9.x has been released and still they are not supporting it, I just wanted to know the reason behind it, is there anyone who has an idea about it??

Re: Why is eset not supporting Mozilla Thunderbird email client

I have just checked out the chart on the eset website where it is mentioned that Thunderbird from version 6.x on is not supported and so and by now Thunderbird version 9.x has been released and still they are not supporting it, I just wanted to know the reason behind it, is there anyone who has an idea about it??
    As far as I am aware the emails that we get through the POP3/IMAP is scanned without concerning the email client that are used and I don’t think that the eset is not supporting Mozilla Thunderbird email client as there is a plug-in for all versions up till v5 but then as the Mozilla is employing quick development and when there are significant changes which has to be made in the code using 3rd party email plug-ins, it is not possible to provide support for the latest versions of Thunderbird in the form a plug-in, this is the reason that I have heard.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I have found that the Mozilla has released an ESR version by the end of Jan and it is said to be having a 54 week life, so I wanted to know if ESET will be coming with a plugin for the same instead of the regular Thunderbird, do you have an idea about it??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I think that it depends on the decision of the Mozilla, if they don’t stop making such significant changes and forcing the AV vendors to substantially rewrite their plug-ins then there are very less possibility of the AV vendors to come up with plug-ins to support Mozilla email client.

Even I am waiting for the eset to come up with their support for Mozilla as there are a no of people who are still using Thunderbird 3.1 and not updating to Thunderbird 10 just because the ESET plugin is not working with it, I am amongst them as well, I will really switch to Thunderbird 10 ESR only if ESET is coming up with a plugin for the ESR version.

That’s the reason I have shared the Mozilla ESR release, I think that people using Mozilla Thunderbird along with the ESET should be encouraged so that can use latest ESR release, the other thing that I wanted to share is that the Mozilla has announced that they will be discontinuing support for Thunderbird if security update are included. I really wish that ESET comes up with a plug-ins for the Mozilla ESRs as soon as possible, I am really bored of using Thunderbird 5 by now.