Thread: ZoneAlarm shows 'dead' warning window

ZoneAlarm shows 'dead' warning window

I have recently renewed Zone Alarm Pro license. After this I have seen that some pop up Windows were inoperative. I am using both IE and Google Chrome. Today I opened the Chrome and the same time Zone Alarm shows a warning box at the bottom saying 'Repeat Program' and 'Advice is not yet available’. There were only 2 options. Deny/Allow but they were empty with a red rectangle. The problem is I cannot close the box because there is no option to do it. Only way I can get rid of that by rebooting. Is there any way to configure those windows popping up?

Re: ZoneAlarm shows 'dead' warning window

When I got into the same issue, I have rebooted the system and after that opened the Zone Alarm. I didn’t open the Google Chrome first. The screen where operative and I can set the permissions for Chrome. But while setting the permission, somehow the Zone Alarm was trying to open the Chrome and causing the Zone Alarm to stutter. It apparently looks like a bug there.

The ZoneAlarm popup is meant to alert a virus. It is not something like a warning which leads customers to think that there is a virus on the computer. Actually, this is an informative message regarding the possible attack of legitimate and serious virus and informing how to protect against it. The is no potential risk or damage from this popup.

I think that it is a ZoneAlarm permission box was under the full screen, freezing out. To solve this:
    • Turn off the ZoneAlarm.
    • Launch the wow launcher
    • Start it as usual and along with input fields.
    • Click "Options"> "Display Mode"> drop-down click "Windowed mode" > "Apply"
    • Exit "Options"> "Quit"
    • Now ZoneAlarm and re-run the launcher. The popup boxes will not be seen under the full screen.

There is trick solving this and that can be done by modifying the registry keys. You have to flip following entries from 1 to 0:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\RunSwitchbackWizard
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\RunUpsellNotice
    But there is problem since the Zone Alarm has these keys locked. In order to edit the Zone Alarm registries, you have to boot into the Safe Mode. Then you can manually open the regedit and do the following:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm]
    "RunSwitchbackWizard"=dword:00000000
    "RunUpsellNotice"=dword:00000000