Thread: Removing Forcefield.exe without uninstalling Zone Alarm.

Removing Forcefield.exe without uninstalling Zone Alarm.

I have started using zonealarm for security of my pc. When Zonealarm is running on my pc, I find a process by name ‘Forcefield.exe’ in Task Manager. This process is slowing down the working of my computer. It sometimes stops me from logging off my pc. It has also slowed the process of shutting down. Can anyone help in uninstalling Forcefild.exe. Uninstalling Forcefield.exe should not affect working of Zonealarm.

Re: Removing Forcefield.exe without uninstalling Zone Alarm.

Forcefield.exe is a part of Zonealarm package. It attaches itself with browsers to protect one from internet threats like Phishing. The forcefield.exe is found at ‘C:\Program Files\Checkpoint\ZAForceField\Forcefield.exe in Windows XP & Windows 7. It is of size 730,480 bytes. It is a digitally signed file. It is not a windows core file. So any damage or harm that comes to it won’t affect working of Windows directly.

You can find it in Control Panel of Windows in installed programs list. You can uninstall it from there. Uninstalling forcefield.exe does not remove it complete from one’s computer; it leaves some registry data behind. You can find its registry entry at location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Forcefield.exe is able to record inputs, so to completely stop it, one has to remove its components completely.

One another solution of having Zonealarm running in your system without having to install forcefield.exe is to stop its installation at the beginning, that is, during main installation. When installing Zonealarm, it asks if one wants to install Zonealarm toolbar in web browser.

During installation after you agree to its license, you get an option tab which asks you for options to install Zonealarm security toolbar & zonalarm security homepage. Selecting this options install forcefield.exe on your computer. So one way is to uninstall Zonealarm security and install it again without letting Zonealarm security attach itself to the browser.