Thread: Network Drive cannot launch 'clean.exe'

Network Drive cannot launch 'clean.exe'

It seems to me that the 'clean.exe' should be resided on the local computer or local drive in order to open and run. If it is on the network drive, then it will not open at all. If I try to open it, It shows invalid or corrupt message from a network drive. If I launch the same file from the local 'C' drive, then it can run perfectly.

Re: Network Drive cannot launch 'clean.exe'

It seems to me that you have installed the ZoneAlarm on the same partition where you have installed the Windows OS. As far as I know that the clean.exe writes to the registry, which also stored in the OS partition (“C: drive”).

This is the first time someone asking about the 'clean.exe' from the network drive. I think that so far no one else noticed it. Anyway, what you have to do is, you have to add UNC Path to the Trusted domains in Internet Explorer. This technique really looks strange but the fact is you have to add the path to whatever version Internet Explorer you are running.

Due to the incomplete or improper security permissions and full share permissions of the file. This kind of behavior is mainly related to the IE security settings. In order to fix this issue, you have to do the following things:

• Open IE and go to Tools -> Internet Options
    • Click Security > Local > Sites
    • Add "file://server name" (without quotes) for the Local intranet zone, click OK and OK.

"server name" is the server where you have stored the shared files.

After seeing your post, I found the solution for your problem. In my case, the problem was actually related to the IE7 settings inside the win2k3 R2. The settings for exe files and for other unsafe files reside in the IE7 internet options>security>internet zone>custom level>miscellaneous>launching application and unsafe files. There you need to choose either enable or prompt.

It is really strange feature of Windows, which treats the network drive as internet, even it is configured on the local subnet.