Thread: Clean Install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 using old licence key says licence key has expired

Clean Install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 using old licence key says licence key has expired

I have recently made a clean install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 and I have installed it over previous version 10.1.055.000. I had used the ZA cleaning tool and after installing it and rebooting the machine I found that the ZA icon in my system tray is appearing with a red X saying "Zone Alarm your protection has expired. Later I tried changing the License key to the current but then the other issue here is that the "show Monitor" is grayed and I am not able to update the key, is there anyone who can help me out???

Re: Clean Install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 using old licence key says licence key has expired

I have recently made a clean install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 and I have installed it over previous version 10.1.055.000. I had used the ZA cleaning tool and after installing it and rebooting the machine I found that the ZA icon in my system tray is appearing with a red X saying "Zone Alarm your protection has expired. Later I tried changing the License key to the current but then the other issue here is that the "show Monitor" is grayed and I am not able to update the key, is there anyone who can help me out???
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that what is the information that you are getting when you are clicking on the about information, just check it out and then post the same here for further help but then make sure that you are not posting the ZoneAlarm license key, just post it here for further help.

Re: Clean Install of ZoneAlarm10.1.079.000 using old licence key says licence key has expired

I have checked out the same and this is what is being displayed:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.079.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: ** removed **
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
    It is appearing to be an old expired Licence Key, other than this I also wanted to share that I am running WINXP SP3 with 2.99Ghz and 3.25 MB RAM, I have installed all the important MS updates as well.

In that case just follow the below steps and see if it is helping:
    • First uninstall the current version of the ZA that you are having
    • Make sure that you are not having any other security tool that might conflict, if you have than remove them using appremover.
    • After that use Free Ccleaner.exe and then clean the registry of your system.
    • When you are done with the above steps then download ZA removal tool and run the same and after that reboot the machine.
    • Now install the latest ZA version and just make sure that you are not changing the default settings an all.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have tried out the solution in the same manner and it is appearing to be helping a bit but then not completely, I mean that I have entered my current licence code but then I was still getting a expired licence pop up warning, this time the tray icon was not having a red X and there was an option to "view update" and when I clicked on the same then it said "ZoneAlarm initialisation in progress" and later when I checked out the update then I got the following:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.1.079.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: current key applied
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner: 1.5.350.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database: 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database: 04.155
    No the key has been applied as the update says "update product: checking" but then I just wanted to know that what I have to do know?? I mean that I am not getting a way to proceed. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that there is some corruption in your registry or some software is conflicting, if you want then you can try to remove ZA and after that check out the all "checkpoint" folders manually by going in to the application data folder as well as the programs folder, there are possibilities that the folders might be hidden as well so make sure that you are changing the view setting for those folders as well, if you find any then delete them and after that proceed with the installation.

If the above solutions are not helping you out then I think that you should better contact the official support and see what they have to say about the same, just address them the solutions that you have already tried out, they will surely help you out. Best of luck.