Thread: ZoneAlarm Scan Runs Randomly

ZoneAlarm Scan Runs Randomly

I have upgraded the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and after the update this security software started acting very strange. The problem is, virus scans run at random times, no matter how I set or schedule it. I had gone through the settings and reset it to default but still it is doing the same. I didn’t get any reason for this issue as it is a latest version I am running.

Re: ZoneAlarm Scan Runs Randomly

If you are really getting issue about the Random Antivirus scan, it can be easily fixed by deleting or uninstalling the current Zone Alarm completely out from your computer and again install directly the new version of Zone Alarm 10.1.079.000. Like this way only, the Zone Alarm set to Default settings. It will not again load previously saved setting.

The Zone Alarm virus scans always active and scans randomly whenever it needed. It does not mean that it is only running the System scan. It may be the IM and email scanning running all the time or periodically. While you browse, then also the Zone Alarm scan internet pages, cookies and temporary files. These scans run in the background which will not show you upfront. Only the manual scans will runs in a different window.

I think that it is some kind of bug in Zone Alarm which is causing the overlap with any other scan otherwise I can assume that it is just the behavior. The only work around is, you should set the scan to quick scan (tool --> scheduling --> initial scan time) so that the scan will not start during the each boot. If you think that it is simply a bug, then directly report it to the ZA technical support. If you don’t report about the issue, then you will not get the issue.

In order to resolve this issue, I urge you to reinstall it. For this, you simply need to right-click on the ZoneAlarm uninstall icon and choose Properties. There you will see the executable name, add space to the end and then "/clean". Now run the uninstaller. It will uninstalls ZoneAlarm successfully. Now you can easily install the new version.

If you encounter any problem during the uninstallation, just reboot the system in safe mode and delete the Zone Labs folder from Program Files. After this delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in your Windows Registry. Also don’t forget to delete C:\windows\internet logs\. Reboot the computer.