Thread: ZoneAlarm v10.1.065 cannot update, shows no errors

ZoneAlarm v10.1.065 cannot update, shows no errors

Currently I am using the ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 10.1.065.000 (both antivirus and anti-spyware. I tried to upgrade the ZoneAlarm on my two PC (Windows XP Pro SP3 and Windows 7 Pro) to 10.1.065. The package was valid for 3 pc subscription. The problem, both pc didn’t upgrade its AV signatures. In both of them I have installed the latest version after removing v. 9.3.037. Even I tried to update the Virus signature database manually but it didn’t update. Automatic update is not actually happening here.

Re: ZoneAlarm v10.1.065 cannot update, shows no errors

It seems to me that the problem is with the ISP and the use of transparent proxy cache. Otherwise it could be the issue with local proxy. You need to go through all the internet options preferences and make sure that they do not use any proxies. If you are using any VPN connection, then this could also lead to a problem.

I can understand what you wanna tell but here the case is completely different actually. I have seen that others can freely update AV signatures, so it indicates that there is no problem with the Zonealarm update servers. So it obviously looks like a 'local' issue. I am not using any proxy or something and there is no idea about whether the ISP is using the transparent proxy. So I probably think that it has something to do with my internet connection.

So far I didn’t see anyone reporting about this issue and I doubt that the related to the IP settings which makes to connect to the server. However you can easily test the issue. First of all you need to remove the current version and re-install the ZA 10 using default settings only. If there is a problem with the server connection and your program, you will be going to notice it during the first manual update.

It seems like other security programs presented in the Windows OS preventing you to install or update to latest virus signature database. Check all the settings like Windows firewall and other and make sure that nothing is blocking the connection. If possible disable them during the update or simply put the ZoneAlarm in the trusted list.

Always the safest method to update is from the program or the update page of the website, and make sure that the update link which you are going to click are legitimate. If you are still getting the problem, you can contact the Customer Service using the Live Chat feature 24x7.

Interesting. Same error here. Dell Stuido 1749 running WIN7-64.

Contacted Checkpoint Tech support spent a half hour with a technician who took remote control and looked at my registry, found a few errors, blamed that as the problem and then tried to sell me a $180 one year contract for tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by len hjalmarson View Post
    Interesting. Same error here. Dell Stuido 1749 running WIN7-64.
    Can you be more specific as to what error you are getting, in details here. If the zonealarm is not updating automatically, then have you tried to update it manually in your dell machine? Follow the below steps to update it manually:
    1. Open your ZoneAlarm software interface.
    2. Click "Overview" found in the left-hand column.
    3. Click on the tab labeled "Preferences."
    4. Click the "Check for Update" button, under "Check for Updates."

So - in the icons bar lower right I have a flag with red X.

Click it I am told I have a PC issue to solve.

Click the ZOneAlarm icon up comes the large GUI.

When I mouse over Fix Now I do not have a click option, so I

Click UPDATE in the menu top right..

Oddly, I then get two conflicting messages.

As the very brief update occurs the progress bar completes and I read Update Finished.

Meanwhile below is a small red box with black X and in bold letters the line reads - Anti-virus/Anti-spyware Update Error.

I am actually wondering if the update is happening correctly but ZoneAlarm is not registering the change.
    Last edited by len hjalmarson; 03-03-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: change

hi len hjalmarson,

I wonder if your ZoneAlarm is not deactivated, incase if the license is over for the version you are using. Can you confirm from their support team whether you have to renew the license, so that the update can be successfully done on your antivirus software.

Re: ZoneAlarm v10.1.065 cannot update

Yes, that is how it acts. The support person confirmed that the license is current and active. And actually the same window where I update confirms at the bottom that

"Your protection is valid for 149 days"
    Attached Images Attached Images