Thread: ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 is taking a very long time for weekly scan

ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 is taking a very long time for weekly scan

It has been a week since I have installed ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 and the problem that I am facing with it is that it is taking a very long time for weekly scan, I mean that I am just having 40gb hard drive from which hardy 30 gb might has been consumed but then NOD32 5.0.94.0 is taking 2 hour to scan it. I had also used the Version 4 and it used to take an hour and even less to run the scan, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving this issue??

Re: ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 is taking a very long time for weekly scan

It has been a week since I have installed ESET NOD32 5.0.94.0 and the problem that I am facing with it is that it is taking a very long time for weekly scan, I mean that I am just having 40gb hard drive from which hardy 30 gb might has been consumed but then NOD32 5.0.94.0 is taking 2 hour to scan it. I had also used the Version 4 and it used to take an hour and even less to run the scan, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea in resolving this issue??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you are very sure that you have not copied anything in the disk before getting the version 5,other than this what you can try out here is making a small test and that is using default settings in v5 and after that install the v4 again and then run the scan using default settings and see if you are able to make out the time difference between the them, just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I am very sure that I have not added any files or anything before installing v5 and after uninstalling v4, actually there was hardly an hour difference when I had uninstalled the v4 and installed the v5, I have not tried out the default settings for the weekly scan but then I am using the same depth scan for the v5 just like the way I used to use it for v4, so I think that there is something wrong with the v5 as I have already tested it out and have mentioned the time difference as well.

I will suggest you to perform depth scan by profile settings on the mutiple drives this option is there in the EAV v4 business, I have been using the same and it has never took more than 40 mins to scan a 40 gb data and so, if you want then you can also switch back to the v4 and then export your settings in order to avoid the configuration task and all, jus check it out and see which possible solution is helping you out.

I have now made a test with the version 5.0.94.0 and version 4.2.71.2 using the profile settings as that you had mentioned and now I have found the following:
    • Version 5.0.94.0 - 297422 objects scanned. 1:25
    • Version 4.2.71.2 - 299235 objects scanned. 1:29

There is not much difference between them but then with the profile setting it is taking more time that it used to take for the Version 4.2.71.2 previously. I don’t think that I have messed out anything. What might be the other possible cause for this?

As far as I am aware running a scan with v5 should be significantly faster as compared to that of the v4, if not than the possible cause here should be the archives on the disk but then if you are saying that they have not been changed and you are still getting poor performance with v5 then you should better reset your scanning targets and after that just submit a support ticket to ESET and address them about this issue for further help.