Thread: Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 keeps saying "Protection up- UI initializing"

Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 keeps saying "Protection up- UI initializing"

I have recently updated to Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 and I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 in my system and I am also having Windows Security Essentials and I have made a complete scan and there is no malware as well and the problem that I am facing is that when I am clicking on the ZA(free) icon in system tray then it is not responding and I just get a popup saying "Protection up- UI initializing" but then it just keeps saying the same but then I does not. It does not allow me to shut down the machine and I have to force it to get shut down, is there any solution that I can try out???

Re: Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 keeps saying "Protection up- UI initializing"

I have recently updated to Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000 and I am running Windows XP Pro SP3 in my system and I am also having Windows Security Essentials and I have made a complete scan and there is no malware as well and the problem that I am facing is that when I am clicking on the ZA(free) icon in system tray then it is not responding and I just get a popup saying "Protection up- UI initializing" but then it just keeps saying the same but then I does not. It does not allow me to shut down the machine and I have to force it to get shut down, is there any solution that I can try out???
    I Will suggest you to better uninstall and then reinstall the Zonealarm free 10.1.065.000, if you have not yet tried the same then try it out and then let me know what you get, if that is not helping them let me know the other solutions as well that you might have tried out, so that I don’t suggest you the same.

I have tried out uninstalling and then reinstalling it again but then it is just not making any difference and I am still getting the same pop up message again and again, is there any other solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that this issue is because of corrupted install and so I will suggest you to better uninstall the same and then install the same from the below link:

if that is not making any difference then there are possibilities that the Microsoft Security Essentials that you are having might be conflicting with the process of the Zonealarm or there is some other Security Software or say some Firewall program running in the back ground, so just try to disable such programs and see if you are getting the same response from the Zonealarm or it is running fine.