Thread: iMac 2011 running OS X Lion loses no wifi connection after sleep

iMac 2011 running OS X Lion loses no wifi connection after sleep

My newly bought iMac is now running OS X Lion. The problem is every time when the system wakes up from the sleep mode, it automatically get disconnected from my wireless network. It then shows that there are no preferred connections available. Sometimes even if it is connected, internet will not work. I am on airport extreme with 5 GHz N-network and it is almost 10 meters away. My iMac shows the full signal. When I was using the Snow leopard, I didn’t see any problem.

Re: iMac 2011 running OS X Lion loses no wifi connection after sleep

There are many users who, after installing the new operating system OS X Lion, have had serious problems with the WiFi connection. Usually the problem is presented as a difficulty connecting with the router: the connection takes a few minutes and then falls for no reason. On the internet there are several guides to try to solve the problem, but none of these remedies really work.

There are many users who, after installing the new operating system OS X Lion, have had serious problems with the WiFi connection. Usually the problem is presented as a difficulty connecting with the router: the connection takes a few minutes and then falls for no reason. On the internet there are several guides to try to solve the problem, but none of these remedies really work.

Fortunately, someone on the internet has found the ultimate solution: replace the driver's WiFi version of OS X 10.7.0 (Lion) with those of version 10.6.4 (Leopard). In this way the WiFi connection issues with Lion resolve completely within minutes.

Yes, at the top. Actually tried everything.

It seems that the driver for this wifi chipset has trouble with mixed n / g wifi. In fact, the 2 networks with the same SSID.

The Solution That Worked For Me!
    • Go to the Apple icon >About This Mac> click More Info...
    • Look for Network >click AirPort. This will take a while as your Mac loads available wifi networks.
    • Find your wifi network and look for your channel.
    • If there are a lot of other networks on the same channel as you then this may be the problem. You need to look for a channel number in the range of 1 to 11 and find one which is not being used, or the least number used.
    • At next log into your router.
    • Go to wifi settings, Change the wireless channel to the channel you chose in step 4 and turn off Auto Channel Scan If That is a setting on your router.

I think that you have already tried all the manipulations but still didn’t resolve your problem. In that case you need to go a little further. Again, there are plenty of things to try and here is a partial list:
    • Place on a connection with DHCP IP address manually.
    • Delete WiFi connections and create new.
    • Add to your DNS connection.

To solve the problems of WiFi on Mac OS X Lion, just follow these steps:
    Turn off the Airport connection on your Mac.
    • Reactivate the Airport connection on your Mac.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Reset your ADSL box (optional).

Before resetting the configuration of your router, take still time to check if the deactivation, reactivation of the WiFi connection and restart your Mac does not correct the problem. It would be a shame to have to configure your box again for nothing. However, if the situation does not improve, then it may be wise to repeat these steps and finish by resetting your box. There, all obviously depends on the model, so do not hesitate to put his nose in the documentation that was provided to determine how to proceed.

Add a new network location and Renew DHCP lease
    • Open "System Preferences" from the Apple
    • Select the panel "Network"
    • From the drop-down menu choose "Edit Location ..."
    • Click the "+" to add a new network, assign a new name and click "Done"
    • Return to the mesh panel and select the newly created position, click "Advanced" at the bottom right
    • Click on the "TCP / IP"
    • Click on "Renew DHCP Lease" and wait for the numbers on the left reappear, then click "OK"