Thread: Clients older than 30 days cannot connect to Symantec Endpoint Protection

Clients older than 30 days cannot connect to Symantec Endpoint Protection

I am having the Symantec Endpoint Protection version 11. Many of the computers in the network are the laptops and sometimes they do not touch the network for 60 to 90 days. I want to change the setting for keeping the clients alive in the listing for 30 days so that it will better accurately represent our client-base. Can somebody over here can tell me that how can I change the setting of 30 days. I am new to the Symantec and so need some assistance about this.

Re: Clients older than 30 days cannot connect to Symantec Endpoint Protection

This is very simple to do this. Just of through the steps given below and that will be done.
    1. From console, click on Admin > Server.
    2. Choose Local Site under server.
    3. Click on Edit the Local site properties from Tasks.
    4. Select Delete Clients in the General tab that has not connected.
    5. You can set the number of days as you require.
    6. After this Click on OK.

Yes, the above steps will surely work for you. Some of the times when you connect that laptop again in the network then you might find that it is deleted but there is no need to worry about this as it will again check for that and will be added to the network without any problem.

I would like to tell you that if you are having different location policy for the roaming users then it is very essential to have the separate location policy used for the roaming users. This is to be done in order to get the defs update even if they are away from the network and failed to connect to the SEPM. But in this case, they must be connected to the internet. This is the only requirement for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DamarisK View Post
    I would like to tell you that if you are having different location policy for the roaming users then it is very essential to have the separate location policy used for the roaming users. This is to be done in order to get the defs update even if they are away from the network and failed to connect to the SEPM. But in this case, they must be connected to the internet. This is the only requirement for this.
    This is by default that all the users who are not connected to the network will be there in the SEPM for 30 days and after that they will be removed from the database as well.

There are also some of the customers who implement the SEPM within the DMZ in such condition and after that ask clients to switch to it through the location switching. With the help of this, you will be able to track and manage the remote clients. It is a advanced technique. I hope that the clients are set to make use of the direct internet live update and this is such that they can get the def updates while they are remote.