Thread: Windows 7 Share files and folders suddenly stopped working

Windows 7 Share files and folders suddenly stopped working

I am having an issue through windows 7 & connecting to a share on a workgroup. The domain which I am having has 3 windows xp apparatus & 1 windows server 2000 the ntire on the similar workgroup. The system is on the similar workgroup as the entire the additional. The server has a number of shared folder, commencing from side to side the sharing permissions position to everybody. The issue is, when I attempt to attach to the share, the requests a username and password, it maintains saying I do not have encompassed permission to have right of entry the share. Be able to somebody please assist me through this. The Username & password are correct, it always worked extremely well on Windows XP.

Re: Windows 7 Share files and folders suddenly stopped working

In this at present you have to give impression for the entry Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level and you have to open it. After that you have to hit it off on the dropdown menu and you have to choose the Send LM & NTLM and utilize the NTLMv2 session security if negotiated. Apply to the settings. In the Advanced sharing settings page of Network and sharing center, you necessitate to have encompassed it position as Work/Home profile. Try to facilitate the network discovery and Turn on file and print sharing.

The additional settings be obliged to as encryption I have encompassed and position as utilize the 128 bit encryption. After that you have to make sure related policies. then you have to Enter gpedit.msc in the Start Search box. After that you have to open the Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Settings. In the right pane, you have to facilitate the following policies, The network to have right of entry permit anonymous SID/name translation Network to have right of entry to let everybody permissions apply to anonymous users.

In addition please you have to put out of action the following policies. Network to have right of entry to the Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and Shares Network access do not permit the innominate enumeration of similar accounts for the Network access.

Initially I would give impression to confirm whether the Windows 7 apparatus is in the domain. Is the domain name is the MIA-PC. In this you have to type the domain and user credentials by undermentioned format: User Name: Domain name\user name Password. If then also the error persists, I recommend you add the Windows 7 apparatus to the domain and map the drive for a test.

The solution might be simpler then you imagine. I had just presently spent days banging my head concerning the wall endeavoring to status it out and here what I originated create certain the clocks are in sync on Windows 7 and Win2K boxes. That is the entire it is. My Win2K clock was 2 hours two fast. On an occasion I had altered the time I was capable to connect through no issues. I had essentially validated that by altering the clock again I had re-introduced the issue.

I have comprised and had Win 7 at the same time as it first came out and I have by no means originated and answer to this I not be able to have right of entry to the network password protected shares on my local network. I had recently purchased an innovative HP quad core machine through Windows Home pre-installed. The Windows 7 Home was running until I did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional commencing from side to side the Virtual PC and the XP emulator.

Uninterestingly, My Windows 7 pro apparatus might observe and have right of entry to the files on the entire my additional systems. I not be bale to believe it was this easy. My time clocks were set to the similar hour additional than set to PM to a great extent than AM. This in addition set the date 12 hours off so it was incorrect, too, half the time. I was dumb sufficient to spend days on this problem without noting the clock settings.