Thread: AVG Antivirus always showing “Not Active” status

AVG Antivirus always showing “Not Active” status

I have running windows XP operating system on my pc and along with that I have AVG antivirus installed as well. Everything is working fine but recently I have found that the AVG antivirus was not working properly. My AVG antivirus is showing “Not Active” status even though it is turned on and I have also found the AVG components are not working as well. Can anyone help me out from this issue? Thanks

Re: AVG Antivirus always showing “Not Active” status

By looking at your issue I think that you have a problem with the firewall which is blocking AVG or any other Internet Security software you may be running. So I would like to suggest you to disable the firewall and other Internet Security software and after that turn on the AVG antivirus and see if the problem gets resolved.

You are getting the issue due to the AVG WatchDog disabled in its settings. So try to enable the AVG WatchDog and see if that helps you out. To do that click on Start and then click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the Administrative Tools under that click on the services windows. Now on the service windows scroll down to AVG WatchDog and then start the Service.

Even I am facing the same issue and I even tried to update the AVG but while doing that it ended in failure. I have also reinstalled AVG but it didnt help me. Finally I have removed the AVG antivirus and AVG tools and cleaned up and then downloaded and installed AVAST. Now I am not facing this any issue. If there will be a permanent fix for the Avg then perhaps in the future I will install it again.

I would like to suggest some troubleshooting method to you. You will need to open the registry editor and for that click on Start and then in Run type regedit and press Enter. Now on the registry editor go to the below location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Avg9wd\Enum
    Here you will get a key called INITSTARTFAILED. If you find the INITSTARTFAILED key then right click on that and then select delete and then save the setting and exit the registry. Hope this helps