Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection manager clients are not getting updated after restoring from the backup

Symantec Endpoint Protection manager clients are not getting updated after restoring from the backup

I have been using SEPM but then yesterday I had uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again and has also restored the backup as well and the SEPM is appearing to be working fine and the clients are also listed properly but then the problem here is that the definitions has not got updated and they are still having old date of the restored backup, I don’t think that I had missed out anything during the process, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection manager clients are not getting updated after restoring from the backup

I have been using SEPM but then yesterday I had uninstalled it and then reinstalled it again and has also restored the backup as well and the SEPM is appearing to be working fine and the clients are also listed properly but then the problem here is that the definitions has not got updated and they are still having old date of the restored backup, I don’t think that I had missed out anything during the process, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I will suggest you to better attach the following logs:
    • client debug log
    • sylink.log

Juts post them here so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection manager clients are not getting updated after restoring from the backup

I have attached the client debug log as well as the sylink.log below so just check it out and see if you are able to find out the cause of this issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked out the same and I wanted to know that have you tried copying the sylink from SEPM manually and then pasting it on your machine and check out if it is getting updated, if not then just try out the same and then let me know if it is making any difference. If it is not helping then just attach the sylink log running for at least 2 heart beat and that will help me in tracing out the exact cause of this issue.

The sylink log that I have posted has been taken when the connection was remaining connected and getting disconnected as well, I have not yet tried out copying the sylink but then I have just replaced the sylink from the server to this machine but and now it is not getting disconnected, just check out the below sylink log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked out the log and I have found that the logs client is appearing to be already updated with the antivirus definition as well but then If the other clients are still not able to connect to the SEPM then I think that a better option that you can try out here is simply replacing the sylink, just try out the same and see what you are getting, I think that this will probably solve the issue. Best of luck.