Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 is giving Backup error

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 is giving Backup error

I had recently installed Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 on my computer and everything was working fine but then the problem that I am facing now is that when I am trying to take the backup then the backup process is not getting completed and it is giving me an error saying back up failed and something like that, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 is giving Backup error

I had recently installed Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 on my computer and everything was working fine but then the problem that I am facing now is that when I am trying to take the backup then the backup process is not getting completed and it is giving me an error saying back up failed and something like that, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you are using SQL database??? Other than this can you post the screen sot of the error so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, just post it here for further help.

I am getting the below error:

As far as the line “connection was terminated” is concerned just check out if the DB service is started, other than this also check out the event log on the system, I also wanted to know that are you sure that it is Symantec giving you the error or it is coming from other database on your system?? You should also check out the db storage settings and check if it is set to auto negotiation or not?? Just answer these things so that I can have a better idea about the whole scenario.

I have checked out and the database is an Embedded but then the database on the SQL is not, I have checked out the event viewer and I have found the below error:

What do you think might be the possible cause of this issue???? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Can you just check out the scm-server-0.log and see if you are getting any error, it would be better if you attach the scm-server-0.log along with the backuperr log for further help.

I have checked out the scm-server-0.log but then I have not found any such error there, you can just check out the scm-server-0.log as well as the backuperr log that I have attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think that you should try out enabling the finest logging in SEPM and see if it is making any difference, in order to enable the finest logging in SEPM just follow the below steps:
    • First check out for the conf.properties files which will be in the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc if not changed , so here just add the below line to the end of it:
    • scm.log.level=finest
    • When you are done with this save it and then restart the SEPM service and after that just try out the backup process again.