Thread: Rapid increase of SQLa0000.tmp files of Symantec endpoint protection manager

Rapid increase of SQLa0000.tmp files of Symantec endpoint protection manager

Hello friends, I have founded that the temp file of Symantec Endpoint Manager keeps on increasing at faster rate. It keeps on increases till the time hard drive is full. It is happening for 3-4 times in month. All these files are been associated with Symantec Endpoint Manager as it been required to stop SEPM service to delete it. So can anyone help me that how to stop it and is it happening with the others also, so please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Rapid increase of SQLa0000.tmp files of Symantec endpoint protection manager

Let me tell you that these files are been required for Database temporary file name pointing for SEPM, I would suggest that you should try to clear all theses or even you can truncate the transaction logs in SQL with the help of the below link, but when you are trying to do it then you better take the backup of database before making changes to it

Recover from a full transaction log in a SQL Server database

Re: Rapid increase of SQLa0000.tmp files of Symantec endpoint protection manager

I would suggest that try the Symantec Endpoint Protection Support Tool, which might be helpful and it might decrease the temporary files. It might be helpful and work for you.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Support Tool

I am noticing this thing from past 5 months, before that I have not checked it and not sure that it was having the same problem or not. It has happened during the time of monitoring software which is not the operational for the server that is hosting SEPM. So does not know what is the reason for it, what you people have to say it.

It is nothing something new; I have founded it on SEPM server after upgrading it from 11.0.6005 to 12.1. I have founded it when Symantec Embedded Database service is been restarts and also file shrinks tremendously. I have done this more than 2 time in past 3 months. I have also noticed that 9GB of space remaining on the hard disk increase to 43GB of space remaining when the Symantec Embedded database is restarted. It might be the able to solve the problem with the upcoming maintenance release.