Thread: High Drop's TX on every Ports

High Drop's TX on every Ports

This is really very frustrating . I am having the problem with each core procure network getting 100s of thousands of drops tx on all port. I looked everywhere for the answer but unable to found any solution to this, really don’t know what is the cause of this problem. I have one 8212 and two 5406’s which showing the same problem. If I clear the stat with n an hour its goes to high . 8212 switch is the core and have a Cisco switches plugged into it as well. Si there any one here can help me with this I would be really glad to know what is wrong with it

Re: High Drop's TX on every Ports

I think it is problem of the very high load on the network. Is there any bottlenecks. That is the most common factor that can cause this issue , although I am thinking you might have already checked it . can you tell me are you using the NLB Multicast. I think that might be the cause

You should look where the drops start. May be the best option is to clear the counters and logging on all the switches. After that see the and which port of which of the switches it starts to encounter and report the drops. Normally you can solve it by doing clear the counters and logging and then remove the link and tell me if it works. maybe this is because of the defective Access Point or thing similar to that cause problems like this . see this link for the possible causes of the drops.

I think the one of the following cause the collisions or packet drops have occurred on the port
    1. The very high level of traffic on the port
    2. May be mismatch Duplex
    3. May be the malfunctioning or the misconfigured NIC or transceiver in the device connected to this port
    4. The topology loop in the network

May that is the cause of the problem

I think it is the unmanaged switch that is causing this problem or it might the defective and sending out broadcast or multicast spam or something similar to that . so I suggest if you thing that is the reason and you can disconnect it then you should do it and check the drop counters on the cores afterwards