Thread: Getting “avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” error message

Getting “avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” error message

I have installed AVG antivirus in my system and all its update are the latest ones. I am running this on Windows XP OS. Now, the problem that I am facing is that I am continuously getting an error message that pops up every now and then saying that "avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can anyone tell me how do I stop this annoying error message from my system? Thanks

Re: Getting “avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” error message

I think that the avgcmgr.exe file is located at the below location so I would like to suggest you to go through the below location and after that remove all avgcmgr.exe and see if that works:
    • "C:\Windows"\avgcmgr.exe
    • "C:\Program Files\avgcmgr.exe"
    • "C:\Program Files\Common Files\avgcmgr.exe"
    • "C:\Documents and Settings\avgcmgr.exe"
    • "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\avgcmgr.exe"
    • "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\avgcmgr.exe"
    • "C:\Windows\security"
    • "C:\DRIVERS\avgcmgr.exe"

Re: Getting “avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” error message

To solve this problem you need to follow some troubleshooting method that I will discuss here. Before proceeding ahead delete the avgcmgr.exe files from the location given in the above post. Now once you have done that then click on Start and after that click on Run. Now type regedit there and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get Registry Editor and under that go to the below location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software/ Windows/ Currentversion/ Run.
    Now here right click on the avgcmgr.exe file and select delete. Once you have done this, try to reboot your computer to take effect and then check if the problem is gone.

Even I am facing this issue on my old Windows XP computer. All the latest virus database is installed for AVG antivirus installed in my pc. I also followed the above suggestions given but nothing worked for me. I even tried to uninstall and install the latest version of Avg antivirus in my system but to no avail. Is there anyone other solutions to fix this issue? Thank you for any comments.