Thread: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 is not removing Trojan Horse Crypt.ANVH

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 is not removing Trojan Horse Crypt.ANVH

While I was browsing on some site the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 in my case had encountered a virus and it was white listed as well but then avg is not removing the same, the information of the infection is as followed:
    Is there anyone who can help me in getting rid of this Trojan??

Re: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 is not removing Trojan Horse Crypt.ANVH

While I was browsing on some site the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 in my case had encountered a virus and it was white listed as well but then avg is not removing the same, the information of the infection is as followed:
    Is there anyone who can help me in getting rid of this Trojan??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I want you to post the result for the below processes:
    • Gmer scan result
    • Msinfo output
    • AVG Anti-Virus scan result

Just post or attach the result of the above processes so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing.

As from the information you have posted the C:Windows\System32\drivers\serial.sys is appearing to be detected and you should better replace it with clean version of the same file and that too from the same windows that you are using.

I think that I can help you out here, I mean that I was facing the same issue before but then replacing the infected system file has not solved the issue for me but then after making use of the sfc /scannow the windows had cleaned the file and after that I had ran the avg and then the file appeared to be clean, I am not very sure about your case but then you can definitely give it a try if the above solution does not help.