Thread: After AVG 2010 Free update Security Shield virus took over the system

After AVG 2010 Free update Security Shield virus took over the system

I have been running windows Vista Ultimate on my computer and I had installed AVG Free on it as well but then yesterday it did an automatic update and after that the Security Shield virus took over the system, I just wanted to know if it is possible after getting AVG Free update and if yes then what should I do to avoid such updates?? I am having the AVG Free 10.0.1416 in my case.

re: After AVG 2010 Free update Security Shield virus took over the system

I have been running windows Vista Ultimate on my computer and I had installed AVG Free on it as well but then yesterday it did an automatic update and after that the Security Shield virus took over the system, I just wanted to know if it is possible after getting AVG Free update and if yes then what should I do to avoid such updates?? I am having the AVG Free 10.0.1416 in my case.
    I think that the AVG free edition is not capable of protecting against security shield, actually even system has been attacked by the security shield virus and avg did not helped me out, in order to get rid of them I had to manually locate the executable files and then remove them but then the browser is still appearing to be hijacked as it is redirecting me to unwanted sites even if I am mot clicking on any such links, I have made a full scan but AVG is not reporting any infections, I will be uninstalling the trail version out to avoid such cases from now.

I don’t think that the issue is because of the avg update that would have got installed as there are a number of virus coming out every day avg might have not been able to detect them, if you think that it is because of the update then I will suggest you to provide me with the below result, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well.
    • GMER Scan Result
    • Msinfo output
    • AVG Anti-Virus scan result

In order to solve the Security Shield issue you can try out the below steps and see if it is helping:
    • First boot you computer in the safe mode and after that just open the browser and then download Power Eraser Tool from the Norton site.
    • After installing the tool just run the tool and reboot the machine once the scan will run it should detect the ' cqvpw.exe' and should delete it automatically and then you can reboot in the normal mode and you won]t have the same issue again.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out as well.