Thread: World of Warcraft is not loading after adding AVG Family Safety

World of Warcraft is not loading after adding AVG Family Safety

Yesterday I had installed AVG Family Safety and today I have found that the World of Warcraft game is not loading, I don’t know why the game is getting blocked as I have allowed the it in the Windows 7 home premium parental controls as well as in the Family Safety, my admin account is not set to be filtered as well, in my case the blizzard launcher is loading and after that it is checking for updates and after that the play button lights up but then when I click on the same then launcher disappears and then game does not load, the Blizzard launcher keeps running in the background, I had not yet faced the same issue with the paid AVG home but then the issue started after installing AVG Family, is there anyone who can help me out?

Re: World of Warcraft is not loading after adding AVG Family Safety

Yesterday I had installed AVG Family Safety and today I have found that the World of Warcraft game is not loading, I don’t know why the game is getting blocked as I have allowed the it in the Windows 7 home premium parental controls as well as in the Family Safety, my admin account is not set to be filtered as well, in my case the blizzard launcher is loading and after that it is checking for updates and after that the play button lights up but then when I click on the same then launcher disappears and then game does not load, the Blizzard launcher keeps running in the background, I had not yet faced the same issue with the paid AVG home but then the issue started after installing AVG Family, is there anyone who can help me out?
    I think that you should better try out uninstalling the Family Safety temporarily and after that check out if the issue is still the same, if yes then just provide me the Msinfo output for further help.

I have followed you instruction and have un-installed the AVG Family Safety but then I am still not able to log on to World of Warcraft, anyways I have attached the msinfo file below just check it out and see if you can find out the actual cause of the issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    • mymsinfo file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked it out, just perform the below solution and see if it is helping:
    • First make sure that the Windows parental controls are turned off and after that download and then install the latest AVG Family Safety.
    • If the issue exist then un-install the apple Bonjour, there are possibilities that it might conflicting.
    • Other than this you can also try to reset Winsocks to play the game and in order to do so just go in to start and then click on run and then type cmd and after the dos is opened then type “netsh int ip reset” without the quotes and with the proper space and then hit enter and after that type “netsh winsock reset” and then again hit on enter.

Just try it out and see which possible solution is helping you out.

I have tried to follow the same and I have now uninstalled the AVG Family Safety and have also turned off the Windows Parental Controls as well but then the problem that I am facing now is that when I am trying to reinstall the AVG Family Safety then I am getting the below error:
    "Previous version must be uninstalled before continuing (account type or user different)"
    What should I do now??