Thread: network problem - getting timed out error and cant ping yahoo

network problem - getting timed out error and cant ping yahoo

Hello again,

I`ve had employees coming up to be the past couple of days saying that they randomly keep getting disconnected. They say its been happening for awhile and its really random. They get disconnected more in the am and more at night then right in the middle of there busy day. I too have noticed something last night when trying to backup are server. I kept getting timed out when I was using remote desktop at my house. We use Acronis Cloud to back up information and I noticed last night It did not complete ethier. Reading the log it looked like I had a disconnect/time out every 15-45mins randomly.

Any one know what I should be looking for? My internet connection to the server says its been connected for a few days. My isp says they havent had a disconnect in 15 weeks (which i know is a lie =) )... Some people get booted out completly using one a ip adress 192.168.52.210 and other people on 192.168.52.183 just cant use the internet(web browers).. Let me know if you need me to post anything

Another note.. I can ping are main router 192.168.52.1 but I cant ping yahoo.com or anythin when the server seems to disconnect.. Thanks

Greg

Re: network problem - getting timed out error and cant ping yahoo

Have you checked in the log whether other people in the night are downloading some stuffs from the same internet connection, as disconnection and timeout delays happens when such kind of things are done. If this isnt the case, then it surely seems to be a problem from the ISP side, you should ask someone with same ISP connection is having similar problems or not.

thanks for the reply.. As far as I know or from what people tell me no one is dling anything... I have a few clients that will connect from home to check a data base or two for numbers or contacts.. What log are you refering too?

Group policy

Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings\ Security Settings \ Event Log

More information here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...02(WS.10).aspx

Or you could push a registry change to all the systems to disable CrashOnAuditFail, though this will allow users to log in without recording security audits, so I don't recommend this.

Ok i think i found the problem. My back up that we have on a autoplan I guess is way to big to transfer. Its 220gb and i guess this is to much.. Could this me the disconnect promble or timeout?

If you can give the specific timeout error message you're receiving, that might help track down what's happening. I would also just do a ProcessFull on the database object.