Thread: after installing Panda internet Security 2012 internet slows down

after installing Panda internet Security 2012 internet slows down

Hey friends, is it possible that your internet connections slows down when you install a newly purchased internet security???

I am really shocked to see that the Panda internet security 2012 which I installed in my system recently has slowed down my internet connection. I am on copper connection and never had this slow connection issue before. It’s not that the internet speed keeps on slowing but it actually gets completely fluctuated, sometimes high or sometimes low.

Re: after installing Panda internet Security 2012 internet slows down

How can you say that your internet speed fluctuates? Did you tried performing any speed check on your ISP (internet service provider), if not then better you first perform that test in order to know the difference in the speed fluctuation, at least you will come to know the minimum and the maximum speed you are getting with your internet.

Also try to disable Heuristic protection if you know the trick of disabling it. Let me know the result of the speed check.

Yes I have already done with the speed check test, actually I came to know about the fluctuation only after performing the test. Anyways after performing the test on my ISP the speed shown is 2mb 8mb 32mb.

Also tried to disable Heuristic protection, only had minor difference and improvement but not so impressive. The internet performance was not as impressive as it used to be before installing the Panda internet security 2012 was installed.

When I faced this problem after installing Panda Global Security 2012 I was suggested with a hotfix in order to sort out the issue of slow internet access. But then when the installed the hotfix, Panda was unable to find it. It said that there is no hotfix installed.
    I have a gut feeling that this hotfix could have solved the issue but just because my panda software was unable to recognize it, the problem could not be solved. You just try it out maybe it will work in your case.

Try out the following possible things. First of all make sure that all the windows securities software are uninstalled or disabled or turned off and then rebooted. After doing this you can now install the Panda internet Security 2012 and then reboot.

Also make sure to disable the scan files and scan internet. If still things won’t work then also turn off the parental controls, antispam filter and vulnerabilities and check whether thing have changed or not. Try to access and test your internet speed using Google Chrome for the betterment.

It is strictly advisable that a Panda product user should go for any hotfix only if he or she is suggest for it by Panda Technical Support team. I am not saying that the above mentioned hotfix is faulty or something but actually it’s not the correct hotfix for this production i.e. Panda internet security 2012 and also it is not related to any experienced issue.

Try to check whether the issue is resolved after closing the Panda protection.