Thread: Unable to install Panda Global protection 2012 Anti Virus due to Microsoft Anti Virus

Unable to install Panda Global protection 2012 Anti Virus due to Microsoft Anti Virus

I have 64bit windows7 home premium computer which is just one year old and I have purchased it from one of my friend.
    recently I have heard that I can upgrade from Global 2011 to Global 2012, I have panda global 2010 and 2011 installed on my two other computer without having any issue and both the computers were vista based.
    So I have downloaded the Global 2012.exe file on my new computer and uninstalled the old Antivirus program, but when I try to install panda global 2012 on my new pc then the setup wizard tells me that I have to uninstall the Microsoft antivirus. Is there any way that I can install the panda global 2012 on my computer without any issue, please help me.

Re: Unable to install Panda Global protection 2012 Anti Virus due to Microsoft Anti Virus

I think you first make sure that you have properly turn off the windows defender and windows firewall , you also have to turn off all the windows Antivirus on your computer and you can do this in the Microsoft security essentials feature. after doing this try to install the panda global 2012 on your computer.

Re: Unable to install Panda Global protection 2012 Anti Virus due to Microsoft Anti Virus

I think you should download the Microsoft security essentials uninstaller .exe file and then try to run the file on your computer once you finished with the uninstall process of Microsoft security essential then you can easily install the panda global 2012.

It is not possible to keep the more than one antivirus on the same machine because it will cause problems for your machine and that’s why you are not allowed to install panda global 2012 until you uninstall Microsoft antivirus. As you said that you have turn off the antivirus ,but turning it off is not the same as uninstalling , you must uninstall Microsoft security essential to install panda global 2012. But make sure of one thing that if you are unable to uninstall the Microsoft security essential then you may have issues with the Add or Remove programs and you may not able to reinstall the Microsoft security essential.

The main reason of your problem is Microsoft antivirus and I think you have to uninstall the Microsoft security essential features from your computer and if you want to do this the you have to follow the simple steps:
    1. First click on start menu and type the Appwiz.cpl in the search program and files text box and then press enter.
    2. You will find the Microsoft security essential just right click on it and then click on uninstall.
    3. Finally restart the computer and then try to install the Panda global 2012, now you will not face the Microsoft antivirus issue.

If you have tried with uninstalling the Microsoft security essential and still facing the same problem then I think either you should visit the “how to solve incidents occurred on uninstalling other antiviruses “ page on panda or you should contact the Panda technical support to solve your issue.