Thread: Panda Antivirus flashes spam ads frequently on PC

Panda Antivirus flashes spam ads frequently on PC

I didn’t expect such a unusual irritating behavior from panda antivirus software manufacturer. I think panda antivirus manufacturer lies a lot. They say that it blocks the spam ads and also it tailors to our need, but unfortunately it does not follow what it says. In fact it does the opposite, every time it flashes the spam on my screen.

I am exactly talking about the commercial ad that keeps on flashing on my computer screen even after having panda antivirus software installed on my screen. I am sure the company itself is the sole reason for this cause. Is there anyone facing the same problem?

Re: Panda Antivirus flashes spam ads frequently on PC

I am the one. I strongly recommend all the customers not to buy this product. actually we can say that panda is not an antivirus instead it has become a spam generator which keep on popping up unwanted irritating Panda spam on our computer screen.

I purchased this product some 6 months ago it was working quite well for some few days but later on it started unblocking the spam all the day on my computer screen. The product says that it will block spam but that’s a lie. It hardly blocks other site’s spam but other than this it fill my whole screen with panda spam. The customer service too behaving the same like the product of being useless. When contact the care center they speak as if they don’t care for anything.

Try to do one thing, just set your notification and warning setting to OFF. Once you are done with this, continue with your work, and then most probably you will see some difference.

I had the same spam issue with this product. When I turned off the notification and warning it blocked all the spam including their own. This solution was suggested to me by one of my friend.

These ads not only irritate me and eat up my bandwidth but also they block the access to my toolbar but hiding it. No doubt this product used to be one of the best one amongst all the antivirus but now it’s not, maybe because they have switched from the US technical team and now outsource the support to the other foreign countries which is now directly having a major impact on the product and indirectly affecting the customers. So I guess there is no such alternate solution for sorting out our problem other than consulting the customer care people, but since even they are not so responsive now a days we have no other option left other than switching to some other antivirus software.

Try to do one thing, just set your notification and warning setting to OFF. Once you are done with this, continue with your work, and then most probably you will see some difference.
    I tried this trick already in my computer some 2 days ago, didn’t work out. When I set all my notification and the warning to OFF, for few time it blocks the other site ads nicely but still keeps on flashing their own ads. And after few minutes I think it forgets the notification setting and starts popping up the ads of all sites including their own and slows up my internet speed.
    I also tried to set the time out setting to 3 seconds believing that at least this will restrict the ad from being on the screen for long time. But even this trick failed as the ad still stays on the screen for more than 30 seconds. Also this however ad stays on the screen for more than the restricted time limit without any other possible way of getting closed.

Let the product be as bad as it want. I started my job; I started posting reviews on webs regarding the bad experience I had with this product believing that at least after reading these reviews this software’s official people will let know things going on with their own product.I also posted my reviews regarding the worst I got from the panda customer care center, and also wrote about the worst treatment they provide to the poor panda customers. And if still things won’t work out then I am definitely going to send their technical support people irritating and nasty emails in order to get at least bit of attention.

Let me tell you all people, panda service people are not so bad. Recently I got a reply from the retail support of panda. It was clearly mentioned in the mail that the pop ups can’t be handled or turned off neither by them nor by the user or anyone else.
    In short these people are directly showing off their back to all the users who are frustrated with the issue of getting such useless pop ups. I have completely lost faith from this product. the product is meant for protecting our PC but instead it’s doing the things reverse.

I think it’s not fair to degrade the product and the company more than what they deserve. At least they have responded to your mail or post, no matter the response has been negative. It’s good and acceptable if someone accepts their fault and apologies for the mistake they have committed. If they would have been not responded then I guess the things should have been worst and definitely you people should have blamed the company completely for being so irresponsible. But now the case is not so. I personally thank the official people for showing up such positive sign and taking up an initiative. I hope that the technical support team will definitely come up with some solution for the current issue of the spam pop ups.

Yes my dear even I agree with you. Why to blame and abuse the one who accepts their faults. Issues are bound to create in software. The technical teams are present to look after the issue and sort them out which I guess takes some time. So let’s not keep of blaming the company instead gives them some time to come out with an appropriate solution.

I uninstalled the Panda software and then installed some other firewall/ Antivirus which is for now working fine and not slowing up my PC. But I would really like to switch back to Panda only if the problem is sorted.