Thread: Parental Control bug in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Parental Control bug in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Yesterday I have installed the KIS2012 on my laptop. Today I have observed that there is a problem with Parental Control. The problem is about the "Internet Usage" and "Application Usage". Both features don’t seem to be working properly. The first issue is KIS recognize "Duration Time" which I configured. Due this "Time Limit no longer work." Sometimes even I close the app counter of "The duration time" running and don’t stop at all. Do you think that it is a bug?

Re: Parental Control bug in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

You are telling that you have closed the app. But make sure that whether that app still running in the background. To check it open the Task manager and see in Applications. If you cannot see that program, then check in Processes Tab. I think still any one of the process of app still running without your concern. If you don’t find anything in task manager, then it is obviously a bug.

I don’t know how parental control works in Kaspersky.

This thing is that it is running fine in my system and I can easily enable and disable Parental Controls. To do this I simply need to right-click on the K icon on the task bar. From the little I've read, the parental control may be different from one session to another. To see if there is not a concern for config. somewhere.

I too had the same problem. Due to unstopping app counter of "The duration time" I no longer able to access internet. but I could solve it as:

Make right click on the icon "K" on Windows status bar, then click on Settings or Settings, then click on Traffic Monitoring or the point just below the proxy server, then => Port Setting => you will see description of the column and port: Scroll it to lower until General. Now uncheck HTTP port 80 and click OK, now just restart your browser.