Thread: Meaning of Kaspersky Scan Report Icons

Meaning of Kaspersky Scan Report Icons

After the completion of Scan the Kaspersky reports the Scan. In that each time of "All Detected Malware" report has an icon. Does anyone know the meaning of those icons? There are different kinds of icons for different kind of threat, I think. I have noticed 2 icons so far are Blue colored I and Red colored!

Re: Meaning of Kaspersky Scan Report Icons

The icons indicate that there are different kinds of threats in your computer. I don’t know for what threat which icon to refer but I can guarantee that for different type of threat or malicious program, the kaspersky shows different icon. This will help the user to notice which one is the serious threat and which one is less serious. Like this way you can easily move ahead to take action manually.

I am also thinking about the same. If you are getting Red colored exclamation mark, then it is obviously a serious threat. It might be virus, Trojan, Rootkit, malware or backdoor. Some icons indicate the corrupted registry entries, corrupted files, modifies system files, invalid certificate, fake program, temp files, cookies. The files which cannot be scanned and un-trusted are also shown with different format of icon.

Each and everyone antivirus scan report has its own kind of icon. If you properly look into the report log or scan log, you will observe this. This helps the user to easily identify the type of threat so that you can take an appropriate action on it.