Thread: How to connect two computer for QuickBooks update each other on it

How to connect two computer for QuickBooks update each other on it

I need help on quickbooks on two Windows computers a desktop and a laptop. Till recently, the computers had similar quickbooks data, however then one was mistakenly updated separately from the other . Is there any method of merging the two sets of data therefore nothing is lost and so each machines have similar data? Also, what is the best method for two machines to be used separately however maintain similar data so that when one machine is updated, the opposite one is additionally, automatically ? I presume the two machines need to be networked. Is that likely when one may be a laptop? I have dialup internet , any suggestions?

re: How to connect two computer for QuickBooks update each other on it

From the one which has latest alter data , simply copy the file to the another machine and that they with each have similar date.

If there are new changes on each, either build manual entries to induce them in sync, or there is a program known as data transfer utility which will be used to move selected transaction each directions. they have to be networked - there would be one data file that each would connect with. There are remote and on-line choices, however not with dialup.

networking would be to attach two computers within the same physical location. they'd be networked with cables and a hub.

For remote access, that's one laptop controlling another laptop during a completely different location, we're talking internet and yes, dial up would be intolerably slow.

you'd need to use a third party program just like the data transfer utility I am sure that will definitely will help you

I have the same although slightly different issue . many months ago I moved the company file from the laptop within the workplace to the laptop in my workplace. they are networked by wireless modem. I discovered yesterday that when using the laptop, I will open QUICKBOOKS however the files there show no records since December, once I moved the corporate file. Previously, when the corporate file was on the laptop, I never had bother operating in QUICKBOOKS from my laptop. I followed the directions for moving the company file, I actually have file sharing enabled, and have my laptop hosting multi-user access, however i do not understand what else to try to induce them on similar DB, if you may. Any suggestions?

It seems like you're accessing 2 completely different files. On the laptop, note the drive location. If it's C:\... then it's on the laptop's HDD you would like to share that folder and map it on the laptop then access that mapped drive file.

Why are you assessing into your data on 2 separate computers? Those 2 files will not merge the data from one to the opposite like that. You either need to setup a network and have a separate copy of the program on every laptop with one data file, or decide that one you're aiming to use. you'll be able to enter data on an workplace laptop and then build a Backup of the file and take it home and Restore the file to the you laptop if you would like. however then you need to backup once more and restore back to the workplace laptop if you probably did any entries throughout the night, before you begin work at the office . When you Restore the file, it overwrites and replaces the data on the machine you're restoring to.

It is likely to transfer transactions from one to the another computer by using data transfer utility that link is already offer above

Or it should be easier simply to re-key what you did into your file or vice versa, depending on who has done additional work .

I suggest you should used Karl's programs and that they are in particularly widely accepted . if you are is simply putting entrees into Invoices on your laptop, then other would be able to simply pull them from your file into other along with you application . Simply take care once you Restore your file to others laptop it does not overwrite your main file.

Use a jump drive, these are cheap and a 250 MB flash drive is all you would like to swap the file from one laptop to the other computer. Just keep in mind who has the foremost current version of the data! The flash drive should have the current data!