Thread: Dialer.Sgrunt broken my internet shield

Dialer.Sgrunt broken my internet shield

My computer is infected with virus and that firstly disabled my mouse as well as the keyboard but I somehow managed to remove that and now keyboard/mouse if working well for me but there is still something that is attempting to dial a website. I am having the spysweeper software that informs me that the access to the new website is blocked and other than this some of the other programs/function weird. Can you tell me some information/resolution for this virus? I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

re: Dialer.Sgrunt broken my internet shield

What you can do is, just start your computer in safe mode and then delete the quarantine Outpost. Once you are done with that then start your computer in the normal Windows mode and see if you get that issue again.

With new threats appearing every day against your PC, it is necessary to keep the antivirus software so that it defends you beside viruses, worms as well as Trojan horses. But before setting up the proper technique of defense, it is very important to identify the malware that can infect your PC. And this is where the Centre for Research on Malware PC Tools comes in. The team of highly specialized center dedicated to research on the latest threats and updates its database of known infections. In this way, PC Tools can constantly update their antivirus software and anti-spyware, to make it virtually impenetrable.

PC Tools Spyware Doctor is the best to use this time. Whether it's a Trojan, a worm, a virus or spyware, if it exists in the database of the Centre, PC Tools Spyware Doctor can remove it. PC Tools goes beyond protection against malicious software, educating computer users about the threats they are exposed constantly.

There is just three simple steps that you need to do in order to get this issue resolved.
    1. First of all disable/end all Dialer.Sgrunt processes.
    2. After this, you will have to Detect and remove Dialer.Sgrunt registry entries as below:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ XTray.exe
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN XTray.exe
    3. Once you are done with that then simply remove all the Dialer.Sgrunt files.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshwari3 View Post
    There is just three simple steps that you need to do in order to get this issue resolved.
    1. First of all disable/end all Dialer.Sgrunt processes.
    2. After this, you will have to Detect and remove Dialer.Sgrunt registry entries as below:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\ XTray.exe
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWSCURRENTVERSIONRUN XTray.exe
    3. Once you are done with that then simply remove all the Dialer.Sgrunt files.
    Manual removal of this is good but I want to warn you that the manual removal can also permanently damage your system if there is anything goes wrong with the system process.

Just use the Automatic Spyware Removal with your system and you will be out of the issue. If you feel any risk or doubt in the manual removal then you must make use of this. I was also facing the same problem and I used the same and it worked for me so I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

Using the Norton Power Eraser is also a good option. "Norton Power Eraser" removes harmful programs from your system. You have the choice whether you want to perform a full system scan or just scan a specific file. The search operation penetrates "Norton Power Eraser" to the depths of the operating system, finds and lists all of your so-called crimeware to clear. Then you decide which errors to fix and what not.